Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:52 pm

I remember when the original Star Wars movie was released my mother was working in a toy store. I remember getting lots of Star War action figures for my birthday. If only I kept them in their original packaging. I still have them as well as the Death Star and land cruiser. Also had the six million dollar man. Push the button on his back and one of his arms would jack up. 8)

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
MauriceinIreland wrote:Last Christmas of course.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Oh, man, that was hilarious!!!! In fact, I can think of only one thing funnier:

Tom

Tom, your too much.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:25 am

Wow...lot's of memories. Tom, I also had the bike at the top, in red. I don't remember pulling a cord...wasn't that the ricochet racer...with the one big wheel through the race car and the cord you pulled through it? I thought the Evel bikes were hand cranked while the bike sat up on that platform and then you released the thing.

God knows what happened to it, but we beat the hell out of those toys! You, me and GG would have had a blast back then. I also had Steve Austin, Planet of The Apes, GI Joe, etc. We'd make homemade parachutes out of giant trash bags, connect them with fishing line and climb the tallest tree we could find. lmao...man, some of those landings were rough....I had more than my share of legless action figures around my house....ahh...memories.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:26 am

Ricochet racers............that must have been smash up derby in Australia. Also, came with two ramps. How about sea monkeys? :D

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:49 am

No Jake......I had the Smash-up Derby as well......the Ricochet Racer was a rifle that sat on the floor and launched a race car when you pulled the trigger. Of course, I made a ramp for mine and promptly shot the car through a green lucite divider in my room (to go with the green shag carpet......HEY, IT WAS THE 70's!!!). I had Sea Monkeys too.....talk about false advertising :lol: How about Rockem Sockem Robots??? The Dark Shadows Game, where you assembled green glow-in-the-dark skeletons?? Jarts (those sharp metal lawn darts you launched into a hoop on the ground......or into a friends skull :D ). I love the 70's!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:59 pm

hey you guys come over and we'll race our Evels

and swap bubblegum cards.

I need a Star Wars (yellow border) #43

and need a Planet of the Apes #11.

I have doubles of Jaws 2 #19

and three copies of Kiss #23. anyone wanna trade?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:18 pm

Though this excerpt (below) from the interview has nothing to do with EP, I thought it was pretty funny and makes for a good read.

"Some people can only dream of such a life. I lived it. I was watching television the other day, a biography on the history channel of Aristotle Onasis. They talked about his wealth, his riches, and I wasn't impressed. I had bigger boats than he did, bigger yachts. I had more Rolls-Royces, more Ferraris. I had more racehorses than he did. I screwed more women than he did. And they were better looking too."

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Scatter said:
I had Sea Monkeys too.....

Ah, the '70s! Thanks for the nostalgia, gents. Ever flip through a '70s comic book today? The old ads bring me back. And it seems the web keeps some of it going:

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

http://www.seamonkeyworship.com/

We missed it: "HAPPY NATIONAL SEA MONKEY DAY! May 16th " :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:45 pm

Pete Dube wrote: ... but I remember a cartoon called Ricochet Rabbit ("Sheriff 'bing bing bing' Ricochet Rabbit, and his partner Deputy Droopalong"). Anybody remember that?

Yes, I used to watch it. Haven't seen that one in years.

Tom (from Ohio)

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:06 pm

EagleUSA wrote:I thought the Evel bikes were hand cranked while the bike sat up on that platform and then you released the thing.

Right you are.

Tom

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:16 pm

then what toy did I have that you pulled the serated-teeth rip cord thru?

:shock:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:32 pm

I had a Groovy Ghoulies racer and a Batman car that had the plastic pully thing. It had this big whell in the middle that had teeth and the plasting thing lined up with those teeth. You pulled it out and off it went.

The Batman car looked like this:

Tom

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Tom, I had that! In fact, it may be at my mom's place still.

But I inherited from older brothers ...and always wondered what that wheel was for in the middle.

Hey, just realized: Let's take this off-topic. What on earth does this have to do with Elvis?

"All-Elvis"? :shock: :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:What on earth does this have to do with Elvis?

Elvis liked the show, Batman.

Tom

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:44 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:What on earth does this have to do with Elvis?

Elvis liked the show, Batman.

Tom

Elvis was Batman.

Billy Smith was Robin.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:45 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Scatter said:
I had Sea Monkeys too.....

Ah, the '70s! Thanks for the nostalgia, gents. Ever flip through a '70s comic book today? The old ads bring me back. And it seems the web keeps some of it going:

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

http://www.seamonkeyworship.com/

We missed it: "HAPPY NATIONAL SEA MONKEY DAY! May 16th " :lol:

They scare me. :shock:

But I did have an ant farm. Ordered from comic book ad.
Most died in the shippping to me. :cry: