Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Stir it up, mix it up, shake, shake, shake . . .

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:24 am

What a stir!

As I said, it's been a real study in the psychology of the human mind - post some truthful phrases, sit back and watch the fanatics run wild. Thanks - you have demonstrated it perfectly.

And what you did was spin your own tales based on a few simple, yet factual, remarks made by a visiting poster. And you have, in a few short days, illustrated what EP had to deal with, and why he ultimately lost all enthusiasm and motivation. Who would want to continue working for and with people with so little compassion or logical comprehension? At some point, the self-serving, out of control masses either wear the entertainer down completely - or he chooses to leave of his own volition. You can draw your own conclusions as to what happened - you will anyway, since that's what you do so well.

What you have to ask yourselves is why you became so outraged, so angered.
What was it in my simple postings that would create such reactions?
What was posted to generate the kinds of caustic attitudes displayed by a maniacal few?
Irrational emotions.

What bothers you so?

And what is it that motivates your anger toward a poster, toward such innocuous comments? What is it that motivates your obssession to defend someone you never knew, and who, I guarantee, would care nothing about you? And sadder, you somehow believe that E would condone it and appreciate your defense and hateful attitudes.

Upon reading this post, knock yourselves out with your vitriolic silliness and erroneous assumptions.

I won't read it.

This forum won't entertain an intellect for long - but is rather a means for the uninformed regulars to while away their empty time, talking about someone they did not know. When you haven't anything else to do, you make hundreds, or worse, thousands of posts on a message forum about Elvis Presley, and when you don't know the truth, you become incensed when someone does.

You talk about the music - what is there to talk about anymore? It's out there aplenty, save for some archived stuff - when you hear, you'll hear it.

You support the ridiculous greed of sellers like FTD and illegal bootleggers with their outrageous pricing of rehashed, often poor quality recordings.

You support EPE every time you make a purchase or jump on the "we gotta hype EP" bandwagon.

As far as the "fanatic" base knows, EP is gone. Let him be.

There appears an abnormal hatred and resentment here toward writers of books, doctors, the ex, her boyfriends, and anyone else you can use as a scapegoat for the downfall of a man who took little responsibility for his own life. You vent disturbing thoughts in many of your posts, and you do nothing to better the long-held beliefs that EP fans are ignorant, non-discerning clods. Whether American, British, Australian, or otherwise - a clod is a clod.

You post based on what you've read or on your own distorted, non-objective viewpoints.

A select few who knew the situation from a more inside perspective, are critical not only of those who surrounded him directly, but also of EP himself.

His mother was an alcoholic, possessive, insecure woman who prevented EP from becoming a man capable of standing up for himself in ways that mattered.

His father was a sour old moocher who sponged off his own son every single day for over 30 years.

EP would have had no problem getting rid of TP by the mid-60s - there were other managers; but that he did not fire him, had nothing to do with money.

The whole teenaged PB debacle was something for which EP, and only EP, is to blame, and it will forever remain a serious blemish upon his character. It should never have happened and it is amazing that he flew under the radar on the whole situation. No one will ever intelligently defend the situation - it was wrong on every level. He came to regret it, and he did not want to marry.

He was a poor husband and a poor father.

SH played a more important role in his life than most know.

LT was an insincere southern gal who looked out for herself above all else. She was there to provide baby talk and mothering skills - she was a companion, nothing else. EP's mistake was in allowing her to perpetuate the negative cycles that he himself should have broken.

He allowed himself, (naively believing he needed such sorry support), to be surrounded by a bunch of gravy-train-riding schmucks who cared not one iota about his emotional or physical well-being, but who made sure that any chance he ever had to expand his tiny little world and work with smart, experienced, and creative people who could have brought out the best in him - rather than the worst - was squelched.

He refused to acknowledge that the times were changing and that he needed to change along with them, and his need to be dictated to and stay within the confines of his safe, isolated existence, prohibited him from collaborative opportunities with musical greats like Elton John or Robert Plant, thus preventing him from discovering an entirely new world of musical challenges. To say that he couldn't find any good rock material was a cop-out; - he was held back, afraid.

He was headed down the right path with the American recordings with CM, and he could have continued to work with him, but threw it away because he allowed the insecure to intervene.

By refusing to explore and travel down several potentially creative avenues which were available to him, he instead chose to apathetically and unenthusiastically drag himself down dead end roads that led to the rehashing of tiresome old fifties gimmick songs, scarf-throwing fests, and an exhibition of too-gawdy jumpsuits designed to hide the weight, at a time when he obviously no longer cared about the music, much less the art of it all, and even less about the fanatic audiences who demanded nothing of him and settled for the worst.

He allowed Vernon, Parker, Priscilla, the Beaulieus, every one of the MM, and his subsequent string of gold-digging companions to bring out the aforementioned worst in him. They lied to him, they threatened him, they ignored him. They told him what he wanted to hear, they catered to him, they gave in to him. They engaged in extremes, and by allowing it all to happen, he never found the balance he so desperately needed.

He had resources unavailable to most people, he threw away opportunities that many would grab in an instant and run with, he had a pretty good hold on the brass ring and he let go. And to some, that's not only just sad, it's inexcusable.

Take lightly anything said by PB, LMP, any member of the MM, any Stanley, any Beaulieu, LT, any girlfriend, any Presley relative, any writer of any book, and anything said on this forum.

Decisions
Brotherhood
Signing
"I am . . . and . . . I was"
Arrangements
Ginger no fiance
Deception
Middle name
250/170
24/42
Execute plan
Fools rushed in
Europe
Texas
Profits

EP didn't care - why should you.

. . . Adieu.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:31 am

Administrator, how long are we going to have to put up with this a--hole?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:34 am

What a total moron... you chastise fans of this board at the first of this post for denegrating the people around him... and then by the end of YOUR post you say alot of the same things people on here say about them...

... Adieu, indeed...

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:46 am

Mr. Goldman, I thought you were dead!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:07 am

*yawn* Hopefully he's finished now and gone back under his rock! I think I liked this board when it was slow. :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:32 am

So you won't read the replies .... wrong, trolls always read the replies to their posts.
Unlike Elvis, you'll soon be forgotten by all who briefly knew your character.

Adios!

Re: Stir it up, mix it up, shake, shake, shake . . .

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:41 am

quasar3 wrote:As I said, it's been a real study in the psychology of the human mind - post some truthful phrases, sit back and watch the fanatics run wild.

Albert, do let us know when you post said "truthful phrases," and you'll receive some thoughtful, intelligent replies. Otherwise, as the great George Harrison sings, "Blow Away."

DJC

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:45 am

Fans are acutely aware of some of what you said in your final paragraphs. There is a lot of frustration over what might have been had Elvis made better decisions. These issues are regularly discussed on this board, so I fail to see why you seem to think the membership are mindless clods. The vitriolic response to your posts is caused by your total focus on these regretable aspects of Elvis' career and his personal failings - along with your insulting assumptions about the poor intellect of those who post here. You even seem to suggest that Elvis wasn't particularly musically gifted. Tell that to the hundreds of top musicians who were inspired by him.

Your surname wouldn't be Smiley would it?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:49 am

I can see clearly now, the rain has disappeared

I'm sorry, what were we talkin' about again? :roll:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:10 am

quasar3 wrote: Adieu.

Hallelujah!

I am celebrating by joining EPE's Insider's Club, in Quasi-fan's honor, as I anxiously await the next FTD or bootleg release! May all those greedy execs rest sleep well at night, knowing they're taking full advantage of my Elvismania!!!

Net
AKA Annette, flag-waving die-hard Elvis fan 8)

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 am

Congrats Net!

Lemme know what the Insiders club is like, I jus might join myself! :D

oh no, wait a sec, if I did chose to join the club and spend my hard earrned cash on a entertainer that threw it all away and didn't care about me, does that make me a fanatic? :cry:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:24 am

minkahed wrote:Congrats Net!

Lemme know what the Insiders club is like, I jus might join myself! :D

oh no, wait a sec, if I did chose to join the club and spend my hard earrned cash on a entertainer that threw it all away and didn't care about me, does that make me a fanatic? :cry:

Fanatics are wonderful, when it's directed at someone who is worthwhile. Elvis was amazing. I'd be happy to even give Col. Parker my hardworkin' husband's dollars if he were still alive. Gamble away Colonel!! But thanks for kickass music I say! :D

Minkahed, what is that hideous red X under your posts, which would be the perfect space for another for another shot of Elvis?? :shock:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:26 am

Oh, and I'd like to personally thank my wonderful husband for supporting my love for Elvis. :wink:

Thank you honey!

Pssstt.... he's not a fan yet, but I see his feet are starting to move when that magnificent voice comes on.....

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:51 am

Hey Net, iz dat betta??? :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:18 am

Net wrote:Oh, and I'd like to personally thank my wonderful husband for supporting my love for Elvis. Thank you honey!

And I'd like to personally thank my wife and girlfriends for supporting mine. Thank you Honeys!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:38 am

I would like to thank my two cockerspaniels, Elvis and Prissy (hahahhaha) for there undying support.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:52 am

quasar3 wrote:a clod is a clod.

quasar3 wrote:sour old moocher

quasar3 wrote:gravy-train-riding schmuck

Well there's the first three lines of your autobiography sorted!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:11 am

I think that perfectly describes our "New" friend quite well... :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:13 am

Joe Car wrote:Administrator, how long are we going to have to put up with this a--hole?

Can't we just call him friend :wink:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:14 am

Hammer wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Administrator, how long are we going to have to put up with this a--hole?

Can't we just call him friend :wink:
:D Guess not

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:31 am

Well, I couldn't be bothered reading the first post. One paragraph was enough, and I did what I usually do and ignore his/her postings.

:twisted:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:24 am

WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TOO???? DON'T **** WITH US FELLA!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:58 am

sam wrote:Well, I couldn't be bothered reading the first post. One paragraph was enough, and I did what I usually do and ignore his/her postings.

:twisted:

Smart!
BTW big posts like that give me a headache.......especially with all the BS that's he/she's writing.....pfff

Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:22 pm

quasar3 wrote:What you have to ask yourselves is why you became so outraged, so angered.
What was it in my simple postings that would create such reactions?
What was posted to generate the kinds of caustic attitudes displayed by a maniacal few?
Irrational emotions.

What bothers you so?

You - and you alone are what bother many so.

It's not what you say, but the arrogant and disrespectful manner in how you say it.
Take this line that begins, "What you have to ask yourselves..."

NO! That's the point you don't seem to convey getting. We don't have to do anything you say.

The attitude displayed by some to your posts is a reflection of one opposing yours.

You can say things on here that might go against the grain of what many believe, but if you've been on here and earnt repect from those who you want to read it then they will do so and with an open mind. But you have to earn respect - not demand it the moment you make your entrance with what seems to me a possible fanfare of trumpets blaring away in your own mind or outta some orifice.

But you either know all this already and are therefore blantantly trying to disrupt the board as your main agenda in which case continuance could cause you to be shown the door

or

You don't know in which case you need to be shown the door as I don't believe it would be worth anyones time to educate you into basic social etiquette.

What would be next ? Everytime you log onto the site would you demand a wav file be played across every PC of each other member also logged on with this blaring self composed fan-fare which would preceed a voice similar to a town crier giving it the "Hail the mighty Quasar the third - all kneel before his mightiness and kiss the ground he walks upon" and we all have to chant back "Hail Mighty Quasar"

You give an impression, delibertate or not I'm still not sure, of just wanting to be such an as$h0le so badly that at times I swear it hurts you.

I'm looking as well to see if you're starting threads with provocation in mind and then not even posting again in the thread because you don't want to see peoples reactions you just want to know you've caused one.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:19 pm

quasar3 wrote:He allowed himself, (naively believing he needed such sorry support), to be surrounded by a bunch of gravy-train-riding schmucks who cared not one iota about his emotional or physical well-being, but who made sure that any chance he ever had to expand his tiny little world and work with smart, experienced, and creative people who could have brought out the best in him - rather than the worst - was squelched.

He refused to acknowledge that the times were changing and that he needed to change along with them, and his need to be dictated to and stay within the confines of his safe, isolated existence, prohibited him from collaborative opportunities with musical greats like Elton John or Robert Plant, thus preventing him from discovering an entirely new world of musical challenges. To say that he couldn't find any good rock material was a cop-out; - he was held back, afraid.

He was headed down the right path with the American recordings with CM, and he could have continued to work with him, but threw it away because he allowed the insecure to intervene.

By refusing to explore and travel down several potentially creative avenues which were available to him, he instead chose to apathetically and unenthusiastically drag himself down dead end roads that led to the rehashing of tiresome old fifties gimmick songs, scarf-throwing fests, and an exhibition of too-gawdy jumpsuits designed to hide the weight, at a time when he obviously no longer cared about the music, much less the art of it all, and even less about the fanatic audiences who demanded nothing of him and settled for the worst.

He allowed Vernon, Parker, Priscilla, the Beaulieus, every one of the MM, and his subsequent string of gold-digging companions to bring out the aforementioned worst in him. They lied to him, they threatened him, they ignored him. They told him what he wanted to hear, they catered to him, they gave in to him. They engaged in extremes, and by allowing it all to happen, he never found the balance he so desperately needed.

He had resources unavailable to most people, he threw away opportunities that many would grab in an instant and run with, he had a pretty good hold on the brass ring and he let go. And to some, that's not only just sad, it's inexcusable.

Coming from someone who is clearly a true intellectual (ahem), the constant opening of paragraphs with "He" is atrocious!

I'm sure I am not the only one who will be eternally grateful that Elvis never recorded anything with a "legend" like Elton John. We'll leave him to duet with Kiki Dee, George Michael and Poo/Blue.