Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

quasar3, A Quote Machine Like No Other!

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:13 am

Hello quasar3. As you are so fond of compiling quotes of others I thought I would put a series of my all time favorite quasar3 quotes together.

quasar3 wrote:I'm sure many here have seen this letter, (what penmanship),

As much as EP was alleged to have been a "searcher" and a reader, I think his overall intellectual world was really somewhat limited.

Nothing much about his lifestyle or the later music was positive, and no one would agree with that more than EP himself.

A great many people met Nixon, myself included. So what. (Btw, his visit was viewed as a joke by the insiders at the WH.)

His musical knowledge was extremely limited.

He loved to read, but he was never able to expand outside the limited scope of his southern Baptist, flag-loving mentality.

The drug-induced scrawlings only reinforced the already-negative opinions of those at the WH.

The use of "alleged" comes about because the search and love of reading was not so broad as commonly thought; it was rather limited.

One of countless poor choices in material.
He lost the great musical opportunities that were presented to him.

Well, you are correct about Vernon, a sour, apathetic coot, and the classless, no-good relatives.

I think Gladys likely did EP more harm than good; from all accounts, she was a whining, yes, overly protective woman, and was probably foundationally responsible for EP never having completely evolved into a secure man.

As a grown man, he "should" have had the great good sense not to air the dirty laundry and do something so offensive and uncomfortable for fans who'd paid a lot of money to see him and hear him sing.

There's enough there, just in a few years period of time, to represent a significant musical history. All the other stuff is meaningless.

If someone had truly cared about EP, seems to me the first thing they'd have done was tell him the truth about his (and Linda's) taste in home furnishings, point out the absurdity of the obvious in his life, and pull him back into reality

Cheap and depressing looking.

I am curious as to your agenda quasar3?

As you have 60 posts in this arena it is quite evident through these quotes that you have a certain amount of disdain for Elvis. That is not to say you are not a fan....oops can't use that word as we are the fanatics, but you certainly have an axe to grind and it would appear that you have chosen this forum as the place to put the metal to the rock. I would imagine that is the most logical move giving that this is the place where you will find the most love for Elvis, thus enabling you to satisfy that morbid itch that you feel the need to scratch. If you were actually an "insider" as you have hinted at I have to wonder how it was that you were hurt so. As you have no qualms about dishing the dirt on EP, his friends and family why not share with us the root of your pain as well. Perhaps then we could better understand you and perhaps one or two members of this MB would actually befriend you (I think that last part is a stretch but where there is life there is hope eh?)

That being said, and assuming that you do not plan on reaching out for help, how long do you anticipate we will have to tolerate your Goldmanian type postings? How long till you feel like you have excorsised whatever demons that haunt the dark corners of your mind? How long until your motivation dries up? Certainly you have not found one member of this board who wishes you to stay so it must be a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Oh well here is to a speedy recovery and a short stay.

Tony
A True Blue Fanatic

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:51 am

I think quasar has the mistaken belief that we all look at Elvis' life and career through rose-tinted glasses and can't accept that he had any failings, either professionally or personally. Indeed he has used the word 'fan' in a derogatory fashion, as if we are all blinkered and incapable of reasoned thought. For the vast majority on this board, nothing could be further from the truth. A tendency to focus on the positives does not constitute blind adoration, but simply a desire to celebrate what it is about Elvis that made us all fans in the first place. That said, there are still plenty of threads that do delve into the darker side.

Quasar, the less than warm response to your contributions derives more from the fact that your negative comments so greatly outweigh the positives - as noted above, rather Goldmanesque in style. By all means speak your mind and I'm sure if you have something insightful to say it is appreciated, but a more balanced input would be welcome.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:26 am

If you lot keep answering him,then he will keep coming back.

Blue,nice colour.

Re: quasar3, A Quote Machine Like No Other!

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:37 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Hello quasar3. As you are so fond of compiling quotes of others I thought I would put a series of my all time favorite quasar3 quotes together.

Obviously, not as fond as you are of spending good time on such a post as this. Pretty amusing, actually.

If my posts were not credible, no one would pay them any attention.

I am curious as to your agenda quasar3?

There is none.
But the reason for such outrage on this forum to my rather innocuous posts is simple: A handful of people cannot bear the idea that there is a dissenter with a clear and truthful perspective (whom no one here has ever heard of), who would never sell-out, and who simply took a little time to post something insightful. Your mistake is in believing that every single person was either loyal to a fault, or a sheer traitor. Not so.

There's nothing sinister about it - but the nature of the beast, as proven here, is to be suspicious and angry when one doesn't understand something - or someone.

You people really are cynical and filled with so much anger, it's disturbing on many levels.

As you have 60 posts in this arena it is quite evident through these quotes that you have a certain amount of disdain for Elvis.

No disdain at all.
Just disappointment in someone who threw it all away.

but you certainly have an axe to grind and it would appear that you have chosen this forum as the place to put the metal to the rock.

It's been a real study in human psychology - post a few phrases and watch the fanatics spin tales.

As you have no qualms about dishing the dirt on EP,

If you consider my remarks to be "dishing the dirt" - you clearly haven't paid attention to the users and profiteers.

your Goldmanian type postings?

:lol: I've never seen such obssession about Goldman. You people really need to get over it.

A True Blue Fanatic

I've no doubt at all that you're proud of that. :wink:

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:30 pm

Well quasar3, if you are truly an "insider", why not tell us who you are, that way we can decide if you really do have informed opinions, or like most people who claim to be "in the know", are merely a wannabe?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:52 pm

Why should a real insider hide behind a pseudonym? Look at the "real" ones, they all wrote in the forum with their real names when they felt they had to say something.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:24 am

quasar3 wrote:You people really are cynical and filled with so much anger, it's disturbing on many levels.

So it is you on one side and everyone else here on the other ?

Mr Magoo, get Waldo to find you some other spectacles please, it is overdue and your eyes deserve to be opened at least once in your lifetime.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:33 am

quasar3 wrote:If you consider my remarks to be "dishing the dirt" - you clearly haven't paid attention to the users and profiteers.

If you look at my site. you'll see there's no profiteering there. only letting fans see and hear Elvis, for free!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:15 am

Last edited by elvissessions on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:49 am

elvissessions.com wrote:It continues to mystify me why people would pay any attention at all to this nitwit or any of the rest of them who pop in here for a week or two and then disappear.

He's dropped by to expose his failings; he'll be gone soon enough once he taps the sum total of his misinformation.

Then he'll be replaced by the next dim bulb who thinks it would be briefly amusing to "enlighten" us on a topic he knows little about.

Yawn.

Folks, why brighten his sad, silly existence by responding to him?

You're right, Im one who's guilty of spending too much time on him, but he sounded a tad more intelligent then the average crackpot who comes on here. lol