Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Now we're talking about sideburns...

Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:37 pm

Hhave any of you guys out there ever let your sideburns grow or so to speak let them be inspired by "our mans"....

Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:58 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Now we're talking about sideburns...

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:35 pm

kkn wrote:Hhave any of you guys out there ever let your sideburns grow or so to speak let them be inspired by "our mans"....

Mine have never managed to reach the full majesty of Elvis's 70s burns, but my burns have been a permanent fixture for many years now.

Lord 'a mercy!

Jules

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:37 pm

That's the same "model " i try to match myself....Unfortunately there's not so much hair left on top of my head, that I can match the rest of his hairstyle ;-)
And yes - those 70-models are a big too big for "ordinary2 people - the same goes for the sunglasses. Not everybody has the format to wear "the kings trademark" - as I saw a guy doing the other day...he looked as silly as EP looks tough wearing them, I think

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:39 pm

Why do you think we do it.....hey we're grown-ups :wink:

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:24 pm

I am a perfectionist and can't stand if one sideburn is a bit longer than the other. So I always shaved them off when I tried to let them grow :-)

That's why I'm growing a beard now.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:12 pm

Elvis style sideburns just dont look right on anyone else, you see plenty of guys wearing them at Elvis events together with the dyed black hair, and it looks anything but cool.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:11 am

Mine are the 1969 sideburns. Longer than 68 special, but not the full-on bolster chisels that he had in 1970.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:23 am

I'm strictly a '68ish sideburn man! Anything longer is Elvis territory. 8)

Any chance of the girls doing a breast comparison with Ann-Margaret in the chat-talk section? :twisted:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:32 pm

Keggyhander.........maybe i have seen you and your "burns" if you attend the Debyshire fan club "do`s" at Chesterfield ?

Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:27 pm

carolynlm wrote:No, can't honestly say I have......

sideburns are named after an 1800s general named Burnside.
and he had the big muttonchops. They were named after him.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:51 pm

I feel that this thread is ignoring the women who post on here, or at least gives them an unfair advantage to be able to participate in this important discussion.

As any body hair not pertaining to that on top of the head is in effect pubic hair, I thought the style and shape that any of the women on here participate in cultivating themselves could be open for discussion in order that a balance is maintained between the sexes.

I'm sure the women on here would welcome the opportunity to treated as equals and I'm looking forward to reading their trimming habits. Detail is key. :wink:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Steve_M wrote: Detail is key.

The more detailed the better, and girls, don't forget my earlier request in this thread! :wink:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:06 pm

Steve_M wrote:

I feel that this thread is ignoring the women who post on here, or at least gives them an unfair advantage to be able to participate in this important discussion.

As any body hair not pertaining to that on top of the head is in effect pubic hair, I thought the style and shape that any of the women on here participate in cultivating themselves could be open for discussion in order that a balance is maintained between the sexes.

I'm sure the women on here would welcome the opportunity to treated as equals and I'm looking forward to reading their trimming habits. Detail is key. :wink:

Oh NO we would`nt......not a chance.. go perv somewhere else :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:10 pm

That's what I get for standing up for women and equality ?

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:39 pm

Steve_M wrote:That's what I get for standing up for women and equality ?

Is that what you were ACTUALLY
doing? :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:09 pm

Ezz wrote:Keggyhander.........maybe i have seen you and your "burns" if you attend the Debyshire fan club "do`s" at Chesterfield ?

I'm unaware of such events as I'm not in any fan clubs. What happens at these things?

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Steve_M wrote:

ANY body hair not on top of the head? Does that mean eyebrows are considered pubic hair? And, do you manly men who have mustaches then have pubic hair growing on your upper lip? :shock:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:34 pm

Yes Minni, we do apparently, i found this out a few years ago that technically this is pubic hair - includes eyebrows as well!

Being you ladies are not going to be forthcoming it seems about how often you trim back or shave your arm pits or pluck your eyebrows then that's okay. I just wanted you all to feel you could do as an equal thing to us men and their sidies.

I don't have any though. :cry:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:12 pm

is it true the eyebrow hair color is genetically naturally the very same color as pubic region?

"collar and cuffs match" so to speak,

carpet matches the drapes.

So blonde-haired eyebrows would indicate a blonde down there,
and red eyebrows would be red down there, and dark would be dark,
and so forth

so if you seek a real blonde...first check the eyebrows

Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:32 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:"collar and cuffs match" so to speak,

carpet matches the drapes.

Brilliant! :lol:

Although at the end of the day it doesn't matter as you don't look at the mantlepiece while your stoking the fire! :wink:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:32 pm

I once said this to a person of the female variety and she said she was sleeveless !!!!

What on earth did she mean ?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:20 am

And you wonder why your still single !

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:18 am

Steve_M wrote:I once said this to a person of the female variety and she said she was sleeveless !!!!

What on earth did she mean ?

It mean she has a wood floor down there. :D

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:24 am

Steve_M wrote:I'm sure the women on here would welcome the opportunity to treated as equals and I'm looking forward to reading their trimming habits. Detail is key. :wink:

Why thank you, how sweet. My preference is racing stripe in summer. 8)