Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FLAMING STAR ON BBC TV THIS SATURDAY

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:54 pm

Just a quick notice for the British Elvis fans, Flaming Star is on Saturday afternoon, BBC TV. Just thought I would let you know, in case you don't allready.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:04 pm

Thank you for that information Joe. I will definitely be tuning in to that one. It's great to see Elvis films played on the telly.

I wonder how many will watch it and decide to start buying the records after seeing Elvis on screen?

A good choice by the BBC - nice to see a serious effort from Elvis.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:50 pm

Let's hope the Academy are tuning in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:00 pm

Also GRANADA PLUS (GRANADA +) on cable and satallite are running an Elvis season, last week I saw PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE and this Saturday or Sunday it's ROUSTABOUT.
Might have missed a few already :cry:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:52 pm

Let's hope that they start putting on a few more Elvis flicks on terrestial!

Unfortunately, I'll miss Flaming Star but I've got it on vid so no great loss.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:21 pm

I've just bought <b>GI Blues</b> and <b>Roustabout</b> on DVD in the UK from an HMV store. At only £12.99 and another FREE, I couldn't miss the offer!

Unfortunately, I had purchased two of the other movies - <b>King Creole</b> and <b>Blue Hawaii</b> - at full price. Don't you just hate it when that happens?!

I hadn't watched <b>Roustabout</b> in quite a while and thoroughly enjoyed it! It's surprising how you appreciate the movies on DVD, with glorious sound and widescreen presentation. Made a nice change from the tatty video cassettes.

Wonder how long it will take to see all of Elvis's movies digitally remastered and presented on DVD?

It's about time.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:38 pm

Good Man, I bought them for £19.99 when they first come out, it just shows if you wait. You'll notice "Roustabout" is unedited, unlike the crappy video they have been putting out for the last 10 years.
I see they were ment to be putting out "Girls" "Paradise" "Easy Come" and "Acapulco" a week last monday, now there out at the back end of the month.

Hopeless is UK for Elvis DVDs, compared to the states.