Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Some info on this CD please?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:12 pm

I've just added this CD to my collection & was wondering if anyone could give me any background info on it? It comes in a very solid sprayed gold wooden box. The CD is 'Elvis' Golden Records' PCD1-5196 & is dated 1991. The insert comes with a lyric sheet, certificate & 1991 Elvis calendar. There is a small plaque on the box which says 'L&P Per Post, Ltd Edition 1 of 300 No.24

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:15 pm

Well, I don't know the first thing about it, but it sure does look cool.

Tom

P.S. Exactly how do you pronounce your login name?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:19 pm

Where did you pick it up?
And is that Chinese or Japanese writing?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:27 pm

Oh My GOD!!! I didn't notice the writing before, elvis-fan. It's Chinese and says "Paul Lichter Presents." I guess the "L & P" is his way of trying to be clever and throw us off the scent. Well, the value of this CD just went thru the roof!!

Tom :wink:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:31 pm

To my knowledge this is the first Elvis cd made and released in China.
However,rumours say that it was printed there to be sold in the world as a rarity.
I have seen the cd before,but not with this packaging,looks great!!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:43 pm

I could be wrong about this but that does not look like an "official" issue.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:48 pm

This CD was released by BMG Pacific Ltd, Hong Kong in July 1991 with RCA PCD1-5196 catalog number.
300 copies were exported to Germany. Disc was put in a wooden box made by PerPost, Germany with numbered certificate.
Also added was a sticker with catalog number PD 90614.
Hope this helps

MacLeod

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:49 pm

It's Chinese & I bought it from a German dealer. This is as much as I know.......that it was the first Elvis CD released in China & that this particular 'set' was sold in Germany at only one outlet & in a very small quantity. Why it might be sold only in Germany when it was released in China I don't know? maybe a German fan or whatever bought 300 of these things & decided to package them in this box & sell them as a Ltd. Edition?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:52 pm

Thank you for the information MacLeod. I stand corrected.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:53 pm

Thanks MacLeod. It sure is a lovely box set & looks great!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:48 pm

Macleod is 100% Right.
The Wooden Box was Made in Germany Lim. to 300 pices!
Made by Per Post. Incl. The Certificate.
They have done exactly the same for the US 3 CD Box Collectors Gold!
This also came in a Big Wooden Box and is also Lim. to 300 pices.
Also they have done a Wooden Box for the Essential Elvis Vol.1-3 CD's. Also Lim. to 300 pices + also with a Certificate.
Re: The Gold Records Vol.1 CD, it is the same as the normal Chinese Edition CD in Jewelcase.
Also the same Cover + Booklet + Elvis Calendar.

Andy-M.