Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

vote for special oscar(humanitarian award) elvis nomination

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:41 pm

i`ve nominated elvis for the jean hersholt humanitarian award ( special oscar). would all true fans now vote for elvis.tell all your freinds and spread the word on other messageboards all around the world.elv1s desearves this special oscar

http://www.oscarworld.net/awardlobby.asp

8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:02 pm

Geez, cc. Welcome to today.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:18 pm

If a major motion picture were to be made about the people on this mb, Tom in North Carolina would be played by grumpy old man Walter Matthau. Dr. John Carpenter played by self-righteous man Alan Alda. And I would be played by heroic everyman Harrison Ford.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:21 pm

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what would happen. Hey, maybe you could get an honorary Oscar for your performance there, Harrison.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:49 pm

perhaps you will win one and find a place to fascilitate it sideways. :P

Please stop being so grouchy and mean to people here.

Constipated?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:02 pm

"sideways"?? Yikes!!
I may be alot of things, but grouchy ain't one of them. In fact, I'm as happy as a clam (whatever that means).

Tom

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:19 am

Good news, just got Leo DiCaprio signed for my part. Cost me an arm and a leg, though!!! :P

He called me again today asking when we're gonna be shooting this thing, too.. :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist..

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:22 am

hey gg
thats one movie i wont see :lol:

or even get it on dvd

curtis simpkins

Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:24 pm

simplekins,
You don't even want us to get started on who would play you. Of course, we would have to get multiple actors for your multiple logins.

Tom

Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:10 pm

I would have suggested "Flipper" but I believe he would have difficulty typing with flippers....jinkies! I could be on to something here?

:shock:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:08 pm

Wasn't Flipper pretty intelligent? Well, he's out.

Tom

Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:49 pm

TOM ! you make my day !! I like your style !!

sorry curtis ( or who you really are ) but every time tom is pointing on you
it is just pure fun !

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:11 am

lets get serious folks, please vote for elvis now tell your freinds.support for
elvis is growing phenominally check out the special oscar awards site.

there are some excellent supporting votes/posts well worth reading check this link out now and put your vote in for the king 8) :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:21 am

I may have missed something here - but why should Elvis qualify as a humanitarian?

Unless giving money and cars away fills the bill?

Or did he moonlight at some Memphis soup kitchen?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:20 pm

I've nominated him ccrider - c'mon people, let's do it...let's do it in Huggies! :? :wink:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:30 pm

I just thought "why not ?"

It would be funny if he won!

Ooh, a century of posts - not many Englishmen can they that, eh Carolyn! lol.

Btw, I'm getting my exam results today!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:42 pm

Not long now Carolyn!

Yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one.

I won't be voting for the Acadamy Award for his films, although I do see the point of those gunning for him.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:57 pm

Hi, Carolynm,

I think part of it is that Elvis has passed, and we've all heard so much bad that some of us tend to shadow the bad to compensate. I'm pretty guilty of that, myself - but I do it because of the very reason you said, some don't have the same love for Elvis as we fans do.. so until they share some of that understanding, you give them info they can "handle" so-to-speak.

When people who knew Elvis speak, I like to hear the whole story, but because Elvis has passed on, it's touchier, and easier for some to (meaning to or not meaning to) cross the line from "talking frankly about their friend" to "not showing proper respect for the deceased". Granted, it's been awhile, but that feeling is still there since he can't answer back.

It's quite a thin line when you think about it, and there's enought "personal smoke & mirrors" around that everybody has a different idea of where that line is.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:28 pm

Yep, that's cool!

I take on all detractors with information - works most every time.

It's cool how many are getting into Elvis.. I'm 23, and been a fan all my life.. and now I'm finding a good number of others coming around, too! It's a great time to be a fan!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:24 pm

Why should Elvis be given that award. I still have not read a reason for this.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 am

khmm if you log onto the oscar special awards site you will see why you
should vote, try reading the many posts in favour of elvis. 8) :lol: 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :lol: 8) 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

please vote for elvis now,many thanks

Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:30 am

just a quick update i`ve nominated elvis in ALL sections for special oscar
and elvis is doining well in supporting votes. 8) :lol: