Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUVE BEEN HEARING

Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:19 am

Hi Guys,

I really don't know what you have been listening to but it is not the remix that I have been sent. What I have, I have promised to keep to myself and thats the way it will be.

The mix which I have was offered to a few real Elvis fans who promised to give their opinion on the mix. Nothing more, nothing less, it was given to some of us who dont jump on the bandwagon and try to make a quick buck.

You will hear it soon, when it is released.

Ian...

Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:25 am

lucky dog you :D

curtis simpkins

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:23 am

I knew this couldn't be it..why would BMG have it on line for people to down load it..
Although it does sound kinda neat,it defiantly has more of a early techno feel to it...like as in the 80s, not 2003..

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:57 am

For those who need an explanation of what this remixed version of "Rubberneckin" is, see the original post below titled:

Elvis In-Cognito, Fischer Spooner, Oakenfold & ??? by Elvis56

Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:56 am

Thanx elvis-fan,
it seems i got through to at least one person with the info on this song. My first post says it all ............

Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:59 am

Hello, I am a bit disappointed in one person.

Rock Legend why did you had to make the link known on this messageboard? It was only meant for a small number of persons (8 people). Not because I did not want to share it with other people, but only because our server would not be capable of catering so many people. I gave you this re-mix as a favour and asked for discretion in return. It turns out that discretion is a thing of the past. That's sad.

By the way, the link was on line for a limited amount of 36 hours, so it is erased by now I guess. Oh, by the way, yesterday I had 114 visitors.

When you are looking for another messageboard (or Forum) come to:
http://www.elvisdisco.com/forum

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:40 pm

Emiel -

You don't seem to understand what the internet is all about.

It is an open system, it is available to all users.

All this 'limited to 8 people' stuff is not going to work.

link

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:44 pm

The url link is is telling that "somebody" linked the rubberneckin song to a forum.......it is not there anymore..

Marcel from Holland

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:21 pm

Colin, I guess I have to be a little bit more specific.
Instead of sending a big file (11 MB) to 8 people we decided to make a secret link. Otherwise their mailbox would be jammed, should we sent it. That's the reason why we choose for this option. You won't be able to find it on the regular site. So unless you know the link you would not be able to find it. (even through a search machine). So it still makes me sad that people don't respect the word 'discretion' any more. Like my web mistress says: oh well, live and learn.

Marcel, maybe some of the people who downloaded the mix are willing to share it with you. I hope a link will appear.... Knock, knock: Anybody Home!?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:47 pm

Emiel -

OK I'm with you now.

Better limit your 'secret 8' to a 'secret 7' !

Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:17 pm

I must be getting old. I remember when I was a kid this song was on the B side of my 45, I absolutely loved it. Was Rubberneckin coupled with Suspicious Minds, I can't remember?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:03 pm

Joe -

Wasn't 'Rubberneckin' the flip of 'Dont Cry Daddy' ?