Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

RUBBERNECKIN 2003 (GROVE MIX)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:12 pm

Hello fellow fans,

Having been fortunate enough to hear the possible new remix from BMG, I can tell you that all us fans are in for a real treat. Although the sound stays with the origional feel of the 69 version, it has been hiped up to cause once again a new sound which will appeal to the younger generation.

My young son David has listened to it over and over again and I could tell from his reaction that this is going to be another world wide smash for the king.

Ian...

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:18 pm

I hope so. :D

:D

??

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:43 pm

hey Nighty!, you have a sample of this one or just heard the new remix?

Marcel from Holland.....
(long time no see my friend!) 8)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:03 pm

Nighthawk,

I have to hear it or at least a sample. Please!

-------------------------------
grasy007@yahoo.com

Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:16 pm

Deleted by request.
Last edited by Rock Legend on Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:09 pm

Thank You Rock Legend.

Is this the remix by Oakenfold? I don't think it is.. it doesn't sound like his style. Is the groove mix something seperate? Who did it? etc... Please explain.

I liked it, has a very urban sound to it. It sounds like a 60's song that is really ahead of its time... like for example the "Three Amigos remix of 25 Miles 2001" But it was after all recorded in the 60's. It is amazing to read that the sounds were all sampled from the original! This is a very credible version I like it's feel better than the original.

It does sound kinda cool :wink:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:14 pm

I sure hope this mix has nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming remix!
It sounds very boring! I don't think it would have the same impact as the ALLC remix! I suspect this remix is someones "homework". In that case it's nicely done...
Otherwise it would be a disapointment.

Sonny

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:36 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:55 pm

If this is the remix, then we will have not another number one hit. Just Elvis with a new backingtrack.

But it's nice done this way.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:57 pm

What's a "GROVE MIX"

Does that have anything to do with fruit and granola?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:17 pm

:lol: :lol:

Tom

Remix

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:21 pm

I agree that this is not the remix. Although it has some creative drum beats added it is not the sound of a remix. The "mix" will have more of an electronic dance beat. Not bad though it has a little funk to it.

Tony

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:22 pm

Mix is Ok,.......but that's just it,... OK.........needs something more....possiblly a more heavier Bass beat is needed........personally I doubt this is the version which will be released........

Nevertheless still great to listen to someone elses vision.....

Personally I hope another song is chosen now instead of Rubberneckin.....Power Of My Love might be the answer, or Let Yourself Go as examples....

Anyway whatever the finale decision is i'm sure it will be the right one...

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:43 pm

Ernst said in a recent interview that he prefers "Let Yourself Go" over "Rubberneckin' ". I would agree with that -

They're both good songs - but "LYG" would be "funkier".

Rich

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:29 pm

I am convinced this is not the remix after listening to it a few times. It is a fantastic attempt by an amatuer but this version must be the one that's been floating around and denied as the official remix in the elvis news or BMG news section of this site. It lacks the bass and modern sound of a dance track and I know it is not the work of Paul Oakenfold he has a unique sound. Listen to his remix of Justin Timberlake's - Rock Your Body or Starry Eyed Surprise. That's the sound you should expect to hear from the Rubberneckin remix.

That does not sound like the work of one of the worlds BEST DJ's

Simon

Nice one Nighthawk

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:37 pm

Hi NH,

Thanks for the info. The track sounds very update and modern to my ears and I am sure it will be a winner, if this is the one released.

Its about time the FTD/RCA/BMG label released an Album full of new mixes along the lines of this one.

Very good indeed.

Regards

e.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:54 pm

They did - two in fact...
"Guitar Man" in 1981 and FTD's "Too Much Monkey Business"

I definitely would not be open to going there yet again!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:13 pm

personally I'm for a complete remixed Album .......why not????.......the other versions will always be there......if you know what i mean........

Regarding the Guitar Man Album, Jarvis had the right idea just not the right replacement music for at least 80% of that Album....or even possilly the chosing the right songs to re do..........

"I Was The One" Album which isn't really talked about all that much is an Album I personally enjoyed as well......RCA kept the music more true to the Original sound of course....and the bonus was Scotty and DJ provided the New music for most of what was on that Album, I believe.....so in my opinion that Album for example was well done.........

Updating the backing tracks for Elvis' music I'm all for it,..if its done right,...after all its not Elvis or Elvis' voice that becomes dated, but the music it self in some cases.....

I have No problem with hearing Elvis on the radio in most any form as long as the Man is back on the Charts and being reconized as being a strong force in the 21st Century.......

Again any new fans have the opportunity to research the older music at anytime........as the music does not dissappear.

Oh and more thing links to this type of information is important after all it is news that should be heard or seen, the more we all know the better,.after all that's what these message boards are for, for ones that do not want to have the information its their choice.........So, Thanks to the Rock legend for posting the LINK !
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lay Off

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:20 pm

What deserved the statements you have just made towards the a member of the FECC forum.

Lay off man......the info was very useful and I am glad it was posted.

Stop being so personal towards fellow members.

I enjoyed the track and will be listening to it in my car.

Regards

e.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:08 am

Hey, that's pretty cool. It's almost certainly not it, because there's no echo on Elvis' voice (which means the parts come from the "Unsurpassed Masters Box 4", and come of the horn parts are too cut off.

They'll probably release something akin to ALLC, but something along these lines would be a cool departure from the ALLC format while still being fresh.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:57 am

Well, yeah, it's OK !

Not exactly Junkie XL, but not that bad.

Sounds like something someone knocked out on a home PC.

Obviously not the remix that BMG is releasing !

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:12 am

Hey, Colin,

Since people are sharing remixes, do you think I should try and put my "Baby I Don't Care" thing up for people to hear?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:20 am

Mike -

Yeah, it was great !

My personal 'McCoy remix' favourite is 'All I Needed Was The Rain' - but perhaps not the right song for a single !

Mind you, I thought that about ALLC !

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:43 am

Yeah, I had the most fun with "All I Needed Was The Rain", and I'm sure that shows. :)

I'll see what I can do to put 'em both up...

Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:14 am

Cool, man! Thanks!