Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Elvis Presley Tree.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:12 am

From little Acorns, great Oak trees grow.

From a little boy toying with his first guitar in Tupelo a whole Universe grew.
The songs Elvis Presley sang were enough to ensure his place as the ultimate performer of popular music. The more than 20 million sales of his single, "It's Now or Never" , way back in 1960, left all the Elvis denigrators with egg all over there faces - I remember it well:-)

Like a great Oak, the Elvis world has many branches - some close to the ground for vandals to tear off and break. Some of them even try to carve their insignificant names on the trunk! Their graffiti testament to their mentality.

The great branches of the Elvis tree shaken by a breeze sends it's blossoms of the blues, gospel, ballad, rock, and all the fragrances of the human soul across all the lands of the earth. (excuse my metaphors - a re-mix?)

On other limbs we find sophisticated Art, Sculpture, literature, memorabilia, and all the many facets of the world's greatest entertainer.

The few branches affected by the usual fungi have the marvellous ability of self generation. Fungi come and go- the Elvis Presley Tree is self generating. The Joshua Tree has a rival!

Just a little fungicide to counter the growing number of obviously ant-Elvis threads by agent provocateurs. We all know who they are.

http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:28 am

Are you stoned , Maurie ! ?
" I need 'em man ! " )

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:33 am

Maurice is an Elvis Presley Poet.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:26 pm

Tend your weeds, you grow enough of them.

http://www.disney.20fr.com/ Elvis Presley Poet indeed:-)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:19 pm

"POETRY, SHEER POETRY"

"Have you ever read a book called "Leaves Of Gold"?"

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:11 pm

Thanks Maurice. An excellent piece of work and so very true. You are indeed one of the most loyal Elvis fans.

Brian :D

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:34 pm

Man, who talks like that????

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:23 pm

Thanks elvis-fan, no Idon't think i've read that book? But maybe memory fails me-I have read many thousands of the world's classics.

Thanks Brian, very much appreciated. I have been reading your fine posts for a long time and admire your moderation.

As for the philistines............you are young. Time may yet open your eyes.

Meanwhile TV, Radio, Newspapers and magazines are interested in covering Michiel Van der Sommen's trip to Ireland.

Elvis in all shapes and forms continues to fascinate Artists.
Beethoven's Fifth Symphony is the soundtrack to this post-Maureen put it on as I was typing
http://www.mvandersommen.com Michiel likes the classics;-)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:54 pm

Maurice,

I meant Elvis Presley Poet as a compliment.

You're welcome anyway. :roll:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:00 pm

Fantastic story.

Thats what a true fan needs to do. !!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:25 pm

Oh to live near the Blarney Stone like Maurice.

A dictionary definition of blarney. ""a stone in Blarney Castle, near County Cork, Ireland, held to bestow skill in flattery on those who kiss it.""

Keep up the light relief Maurice :!:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:38 pm

KiwiAlan, People lie on their backs high above the ground and are held as they kiss the famous stone -all their blood rushing to their head. Yes I admit I kissed the Blarney stone, circa 1969.

Poetry and Ireland go together, like the breeze that blows across the ocean wild and wide. "I'll take you home again Kathleen........to where your heart has ever been".

Elvis Presley is very much loved in this beautiful land where "God made the Irish mad, for all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad".

"Oh Danny Boy................" Now youve got me started dont you leave me broken hearted............
Get a grip Maurice people are reading this:-)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:44 pm

Maurice,
Geeeeeez, perhaps you need to start your own message board or have Brian start one for you. You have got to be one of the most arrogant folks I have ever seen on here. You make Carpenter look like an amateur. Loosen up, dude. Just because you like to blow your own horn and kiss your own butt, don't make you anything great.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:48 pm

"Have you ever read a book called "Leaves Of Gold"?"

This is actually a quote from Elvis.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:50 pm

Beyond doubt - the best songs come from Ireland.

The most inspiring Danny Boy I have ever heard was during the Commonwealth Games in Auckland a few years back when a Emerald Isle boxer won gold - unhapply someone lost the music disc - so an old time Kiwi/Irish boxer gave a beautiful full length version of Danny Boy acapella. No one with a smidgen of celtic could possibly not shed a tear.

I, like most colonials are a mixture of English, Scottish and Irish. I just wished Welsh entered the equation - then I could sing beyond the shower.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:41 pm

Tom, your following words have made my day:-) "You make Carpenter look like an amateur".

You obviously have not read much of Shaw or Nietzche. Now those guys were the epitome of arrogant. Very humerous too-especially Shaw. You really need to get above ground level-join a library or sumthin:-)

http://www.disney.20fr.com/ dont miss the latest monument to the supposed subject of all these posts.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:47 pm

Maurice,
If reading the works of those two would put me on the same false intellectual plane as you and the doc, I'll just stick to Mad magazine and books with lots of pictures. Besides, I'm sure it's getting kinda crowded with both you and doc trying to rule the world with your arrogance and knowledge.

Tom