Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

check out this EBAY auction Signed ELVIS PRESLEY orig. LP

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:56 am

Signed ELVIS PRESLEY orig. LP "SPINOUT" 60's Item # 2177848214

Kids,

check this out ... the "elvis" isn't too bad, but the last name isn't too convincing - a quick glance, and one may fall for it.

but the thing that got me - it looks like this is a 1977 reissue of the SPINOUT lp. Check the modern RCA logo in the upper right corner.

according to my recollection, SPINTOUT was quickly deleted in the '60s, and wasn't ever reissued in the 1970s during elvis' lifetime - am i wrong?
I've never seen an orange-label pressing, or an LP cover w/ the newer 'modern' RCA logo -- UNTIL SPINOUT was reissued in fall of '77 along with HARUM SCARUM, CLAMBAKE, WORLD's FAIR and DOUBLE TROUBLE -- all of which were deleted and never readily available in the 70s ....

Anyway, a shame someone is tossing $300 on this .... too bad you can't contact the bidders.

Apologies to the seller if i'm wrong ... but that's one lucky seller, to have some many autographs by so many dead stars at one time!

Rudeness in defense of the TRUTH is no vice.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:15 am

You aren't wrong. The autograph is fake. No question about it.

People are buying fake Elvis autographs all the time on e-bay (often for a few hundred dollars).

................ and so the vicious cycle continues ..............

One day, these forgeries will be passed on to others (knowingly or not).

It could be worse, think about the forged lyrics from Germany that sold for over $20,000 from a major auction house .......... but were later proven to be fakes. The auction house itself called in the police. As far as I know, nobody has served any time for it, .......... but some of the lyrics are still out there on the market ............. even chopped up and being sold in pieces now. Other "buyers" down the food-chain of ownership are simply trying to recoup their losses. Charming, isn't it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

While we are at it, let's add yet another bogus autograph to the learning pot -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=29873

This one happens to be a gold ink signed Vegas menu, with (yes) a JH loa. I'm positive that some people will argue until their faces turn blue that this particular piece is real - IT IS NOT. It is a common secretarial signed piece (ie: forgery). Too bad it isn't real though, because it sure is PRETTY! Too bad, indeed - for it is just TOO pretty.

N8
...just a fan....
Last edited by N880EP on Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Another bogus autograph ................ but .........

Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:31 pm

...From a source that may surprise some fans / collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2014

An obviously very fake autographed photo sourced, sadly, to Sean Shaver.

I was disappointed when I first learned of these sigs, years ago, but ............ so it goes, in The Elvis World.

I call them like I see them and speak the T-R-U-T-H. If anybody disagrees, ................. have at it .......................

N8
...just a fan....