Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ECCENTRIC BEHAVIOUR

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:57 am

All this talk about Impersonators doing their thang in public stems from the fact that Elvis use to do it himself. Copy and paste this link

http://members.rogers.com/paulselvispage/cigar75.html

and try and come up with a logical reason why Elvis, who incidently does look fat, sick and bloated, would even be seen out in the public like this.
IMO, I don't think this was taken on tour, perhaps it may of been taken in Memphis, leading up to the August opening in Vegas!

Anyone out there care to elaborate on the date and location of the photo!
Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:08 am

He thought it would be funny so 30 yrs later he could have "fans" like you could point it out and reveal to all he was a human being..
bet u are one hot healthy skinnny dude eh Adam?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:15 am

Kylan , you of all people , I would of thought would of added something substantial to this post . It (the post) was designed to look at Elvis' movements out in public wearing his stage attire and the samilarities that face his impersonaters. You never even answered the question!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:17 am

well what was the point except to be insulting?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:34 am

When Elvis was on the road he would go straight from the concert to to the car waiting to take him to the airport. This was definitely taken after a concert because I recognize the suit, either Nassau Colliseum or Greensboro, North Carolina in 1975. Obviously after a hectic concert he wouldn't look as good. I tell you what Adam look at photos of this concert and you'll see some great pictures of Elvis even though he was overweight.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:47 am

Joe's right. This was taken after a concert most likely. Or maybe driving to the Memphian or something to show the new suit off to his friends? Who knows.

Although Elvis' personal atire was usually very "out there" (in an awesome way, I think), it was very rare that he wore a jumpsuit just anywhere. Elvis felt that if you didn't give people a show, they could just stay home and listen to the albums... and the suits were part of that show.

When an Elvis performer wears the suits around, it gives the impression that the person is "always on', and some will think Elvis was the same way. If they're just eccentric and like that style, there are pleanty of alternatives to putting on a jumpsuit when it's not a show - it demeans the outfit as well as Elvis himself.

Was that what you were looking for? Hope that helps... just my opinion.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:08 am

Here's another photo of E from around the same time in what looks like one of his 2-piece stage outfits from March 1975.
He looks OK from where I'm sittin'.

(photo courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:28 am

Come on Adam, I've seen you acting eccentrically at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Gold Coast in front of that denim chinese dragon outfit of Linda Thompsons. I told you to wait until you got home and close the door before you do that kind of thing! :lol:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:52 am

Well, you see Kylan ................. this is another case of the "myth" overshadowing the "truth" - but in a bad way:

Elvis wasn't "human", therefore he isn't allowed to drive himself home from work in his working clothes - he should be allowing somebody to do the driving for him so that people can then complain about Elvis being an overindulgent sloth for never doing anything for himself and expecting others to do it for him. :wink:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gimme a break. E has obviously been photographed in his "Gypsy" jumpsuit, post-concert venue - returning to his home/hotel/ or airport, enjoying a well-deserved stogie to relax in the process, ........ doing the driving himself.

What's so "eccentric" about this?

Now, granted ..... when an imposter does the same thing driving home from his day job ............ that IS ECCENTRIC!

N8
...just a fan....

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:31 am

frankly I really don't get the meaning of this post

this picture was taken against elvis will probably

it is easiest for a big fat moron to "imitate" the 77 elvis than the 68/69 one

did elvis looks pretty bad wearing his stage outfit in his car ?

YES HE DID

so what ?

if this is CALLED ECCENTRIC BEHAVIOUR ? YOU WILL BE ASTONISHED
BY WHAT ELVIS REALLY DID IN MANY OTHERS SITUATIONS

as any rock star living in a golden cage he had a way of life and a behaviour without any connection to reality or normality

we cannot compare it to the way of life of any of us

this is pure fact it is logical and it don't disturb me

just a thought ( may be of topic )

why elvis is always showed ( officialy ) in his "working outfit" in the seventies ?

we all know that even for releasing a pure studio album they used a "on stage picture" ( and always the ugliest one !! )

INSTEAD OF THESE BAD PICTURES RCA should have hired a real
good photographer and present him working in the studio or at home

beautiful coverdesign didn't fit with elvis release policy whe he was alive !

shure there was some nice one but how many were confusing people
or without any appeal

there was no difference in a picwick camden budget price compilation
( filed with movie rejects ) and a brand new album :shock:

there was no difference beetween a live and a studio album ( same sort of cover art ) :twisted:

this had contributed to elvis decreasing poupularity
more than a ugly polaroid picture taken by a fan

luckily the coverart is way better now !!!!! :lol:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:41 pm

jailhouserocker wrote:INSTEAD OF THESE BAD PICTURES RCA should have hired a real
good photographer and present him working in the studio or at home

Good points you raised there.

I have often wondered why a professional photographer wasn't employed to take 'official' pictures of Elvis, for use on his 1970's albums.

Was it that Elvis didn't want his picture taken? There were many 50's and 60's shots which were used for album covers - but none in the 70's.

Can you imagine pictures taken in the studio set-up at Graceland?

Wasn't Elvis under any contractual agreements for official photographs, or did he just do as he pleased and chose not to have any taken? It would have been nice to see decent album covers, not just the jumpsuit shots.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:35 pm

It's been documented (can't remember where) that the thing Elvis hated most was getting his picture taken in a long pro session, just sitting there for two hours trying to . He may or may not have been under obligation to take pictures, but by 1970, he was so tired of it, he probably just told them to forget it.