Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

elvis live 1970's post jan 14,1973

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:33 am

i just rewatched the last days of elvis e channel true hollywood story.
the mm guys said after jan 14,1973 none of elvis's shows were any good.
what a bunch of bs to come from the mm.
i like the shows after the aloha shows.
there are the ups and downs due to the drugs but he still could put on a show.
i only wish he could have stayed off the pills the shows would all be awesome.
if anyone hasn't seen the e channel special it goes into detail of what made elvis so fat at the end talks about what drugs he took and everything like that.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:47 am

Yeah, that's the show that ticked Lisa off so much.

I don't bleme her, either, I can poke so many holes in the logic and "facts" on that show that it'd look like Swiss Cheese - then we can shove the show down Lamar's throat and let him and the others eat their words. ;)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:25 am

In the first months of '73 Elvis did slip in live performance and in the studio. However, I have a show from August '73 that is very entertaining and at the end of the year he really seemed to bounce back in the studio. Then in late '74 he again bounced back cooking up a completely new show. This was kind of the pattern he stayed on most of the rest of his life. To say he did not after 1973 is ludicrous. Though he did never again capture the polish and edge he had in 1970.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:12 am

Let's face it - the E Channel is to television as the National Enquirer is to print.

Cheap taboid , pandering to predudice - but addictive to many :roll:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:29 am

Definitely... well said, Kiwi. :)

I'm not so mad that E made the special, but mad at those that agreed to participate in it.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:40 pm

Is that the idiotic POC that has Sheila Ryan talking about her and Elvis' sex life?
That chic is a LOSER.
I can't believe a guy as cool as James Caan shacked up with her???