Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Dragonheart FTD cover

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:42 pm

We've just added the front cover of the next FTD on our BMG News section on http://www.elvis-collectors.com.

FECC Team

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:53 pm

Three bonus songs and they manage to pick two of them from a show that´s already released on bootleg and which are picked from a very abysmal show; College Park, Maryland, September 28th. 1974...!??! I Can´t believe it! :x Who´s decision is this? See, I was right all along; Ernst don´t have a clue when it comes to the issue "Elvis Live in the seventies", and this only adds to that! :x

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:13 am

Choosing live shows from later in Elvis’ career is perhaps not Ernst’s strongest point, and I do agree that College Park was an extremely poor performance. However, I don’t think that we should be too critical of the fact that these songs have already been bootlegged. FTD have done quite well in avoiding previously bootlegged material so far, and we are only talking about two tracks here at the end of another CD of mostly previously un-issued material.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:22 am

It's been awhile since I've listened to that College Park disgrace, but isn't that the sloppy version where Elvis really blows the ending of Trying To Get To You? If this is the one then I hope Ernst will reconsider.

Check that cover!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:31 am

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:39 am

The cover is cool and imaginitive as well as the title. The song lineup is awsome! Why there was thread on here not to long ago discussing if one of these songs even existed. Like Ernst said, no matter what the bonus songs someone will be bitching. I guess they should just keep releasing top ten hits and give people something to really complain about.

Tony

Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:48 am

The College park show of 28th September 1974 is'nt that the show where's Elvis at one point talks about his paunch and tells everybody it's really a bullet proof vest he's wearing.

Garry100

Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:08 am

:shock: I think the cover art-work looks 'great' and title is ok.What i can't understand is why? we are getting 2 tracks from College Park 28.9.74!? Performances of both songs are below average and other performances exist from other shows this tour of these same songs that we havn't heard!However hearing tthat the 3rd bonus song runs for 1.15 sounds 'fine' just as long as many movie songs and that's the REAL Bonus track! :shock:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:03 am

The cover looks really good to me. :D

8)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:34 am

Are you referring to my complaint Blue Gypsy? Do you really think that I am one of those who just can´t get enough greatest hits or top ten collections?? Well, then you´re...well, wrong! I feel, like a lot of others that Ernst should reconsider and look for Blue Christmas and Trying To Get To You on other soundboards from this tour. Hell, Elvis did a great version of Trying To Get To You during the September 30th. show, so why not go for quality?? And Blue Christmas, man, that song just ain´t good enough to even be considered a bonus song in my point of view.
I am looking forward to the South Bend show but feel that if Ernst can´t come up with something a bit more exciting than these two bonus songs from College Park then there shouldn´t be any bonus tracks at all. This will probably annoy those of you who haven´t got any bootlegs or particulary this show from College Park...

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:44 am

Hmm, Elvis didn´t of course perform Trying To Get To You at South Bend on September 30th. 1974...man, where did I get that information from...?! :x

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:16 am

:( If you read this tour review by Rocky Barra(on this site) you'll read that Elvis performed How Great Thou Art AND Blue Christmas at the very good Indianapolis 5.10.74 Evening Show this tour.Soundboard IS listed as taped that day and Those tracks would have been MY personal inclusions on the CD for tracks 27 +28! :wink:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:11 pm

Just listened again to Blue Christmas from 28.9.74 (from the recent fort baxters 'thank-you very much CD') and it's passable, but NOT his best version by any means.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:21 pm

Agree 100% with what you´re saying ydkm!

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:27 pm

I don't care what the cover looks like.
I'm going to pass, for the time being, on this release.

I don't know if its his voice or what, but when I listen to the August
thru October 1974 shows, they all sound the same to me.
There is quite a volume of late '74 soundboard material already available.
I'll probably pick it up someday, but it won't be any time soon.

Besides, I'm still saving up to buy the "Studio B Outtakes" and the three movie soundtracks...
that's over $100 US right there!!!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:52 pm

Can't wait for this FTD release :D

But I also read that they will release more soundtracks on the FTD label later this year!?! Great news, the more the better :P

Thanks FTD

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:07 pm

I don't give that much for a cover, but it sure looks fine.

And once again, I can't wait for this release.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:26 pm

That cover is possibly the worst, ugliest, most amateurish cover I´ve ever seen! :x :cry: :evil:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:46 am

that's funny, have u actually looked at the pic of E your using? maybe YOU should be designing the covers at FTD. then we'd really be in 4 a treat...LOL :shock:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:44 pm

minkahed wrote:that's funny, have u actually looked at the pic of E your using? maybe YOU should be designing the covers at FTD. then we'd really be in 4 a treat...LOL :shock:

What do you mean, isn´t it a beautiful picture? Elvis in jail! No, he looks a bit weird but hey! I wouldn´t use it for a cd cover, you know... :wink:

I still think that the Dragonheart CD looks awful! It could have been really great, in a 70´s retro-kitch-Kung Fu-movie kind of way. But now it looks a mess, like a really cheap bootleg. And by the way Minkahead; I am actually an artist and designer (have done quite a few CD-sleeves) - so if FTD offers me the job I will take it! :mrgreen: