Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

That's The Way It Is (Box Set)

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:59 pm

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this "box set"?

Here's the write-up for it:

Elvis Presley - That's The Way It Is (Box Set) (Video, CD, Cards, Poster And Booklet) (1970)
Starring: Elvis Presley
Directed by: Denis Sanders

The genius of Elvis is celebrated with the release of the defining concert movie Elvis: That's The Way It Is - Special Edition. The film chronicles Presley's 1970 Las Vegas tour and this special edition is totally re-cut and restored. Film archivist / restorer Rick Schmidlin (Greed, Touch of Evil) has recovered more incomparable music - over thirty minutes of rare performances - from studio vaults in this dazzling rejuvenation. Capturing Elvis both on stage and off, the film follows Elvis from the MGM Studio rehearsals and his endearing clowning, through to the Las Vegas warm up and the show itself. And what a show! With digitally re-mastered sound and pristine images, this is an Elvis at the height of his powers, holding an audience spellbound with his charisma, talent and amazing voice.

Tracks include: "Suspicious Minds", "One Night", "The Wonder of You" and "In The Ghetto". If ever there was evidence needed that Elvis was the King of Rock 'n' Roll, then Elvis: That's The Way It Is - Special Edition is it.

Special Features include the original theatrical trailer and the music video "Suspicious Minds". Postcards, a four track CD, poster and booklet are included.

Here's The Link:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000063967
Last edited by elvis-fan on Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:07 pm

nope i never seen it but it looks like a nice set.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:24 pm

Hi Brad

I don't know if it was available elsewhere but i picked it up in the UK. There's a booklet inside written by Todd Slaughter, who can hear talking about the UK fanclub on the Elvis in Concert CD (1977).

It's a really well put together thing. I bought mine the day it came out. My sister still has hers in the original shrinkwrap.

If you see it, buy it, it displays really well.

The film is the same as the usual release and the 4 track CD contains:

Patch It Up
Just Can't Help Believin'
Mary In The Morning
Bridge Over Troubled Water

Best wishes

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:44 pm

Yes, I´ve got that one. This is the European version of the TTWII dvd. Included are some postcards and a four track promo cd. A very nice collectors item indeed even though the price was a bit stiff. :)
There´s nothing new on the dvd itself so if you haven´t bought it you haven´t really missed out on anything big. Just felt that the box itself was great so I bought it. :)

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:45 am

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have a spare one for sale

Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:38 pm

It's nearly 30 pounds in the shops but I am selling my spare sealed copy for 20 UK pounds, post paid in UK.
TONY.GRACELAND@TALK21.COM