Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Impersonators

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:27 pm

Honest opinion, what do you think of these weirdo's, I think they give Elvis and his fans a bad name. Since when did Elvis walk round town in a jumpsuit, with a big black wig and sunglasses. These kind of people are crackpots, I have even had the unfortunate pleasure to talk to some of 'em. They even try to talk like him, "Thank you very much baby" and the likes. They are loonies. :roll:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:54 pm

This should be in the "Off Topic" section.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:56 pm

Brad's right! This has no place here.

Tom

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:08 pm

SORRY, IT SHOULD.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ELVIS PRESLEY

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:10 pm

Um, yeah??!! That makes sense.

Tom

P.S. Joe, have you met curtis??

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:23 pm

Don't think so, Why?

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:25 pm

No reason, just curious.

Tom

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:27 pm

:lol:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:29 pm

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Tom

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:31 pm

boy tom you are a dick head

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:35 pm

I'd like to just say, I can put up with people dressing in white jumpsuits etc. If they are going to do a tribute to the great man, yes that's not so bad. In concert in a club or whatever... fair enough, I don't have to go in and watch them, but to walk round shopping centres and down the street in a white jumpsuit, is crazy.
People like this should be locked up for life in a nut house, there was and will only be one ELVIS PRESLEY.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:36 pm

Tributes I feel do have their place in my opinion....meaning the guys or the shows where they are protraying Elvis in a story form way or in a situaction where What they do is flatering to the Image of Elvis I think its ok.........people like , Trent Carlini who may not be the nicest person going does present Elvis in a flatering way tho,.meaning he is Thin, does use suits that look up to par,.......an looks,.......OK.......Rick Saucedo is another....to bad age is catching up to him..........Jamie Aaron Kelly,..Young, Youthful, has not a bad voice still not Elvis but is fun to listin to as is DC for material Elvis never recorded and all in all are Elvis Fan's..well maybe not Carlini as much.LOL.......Randy Friskie is another Tributarian who is Entertaining.......Ryan Pelton haven't seen the guy perform but I'm sure he's Ok for what he is.........a Show like http://www.elvisstory.com/intro/fs-intro-ang.html shows the King in a good like.

As far as the clowns that walk around in jumpsuits and are fat and ugly can't sing do No Justice to the Image...........

However even tho there are some that are thin and some fat an some are good looking or even down right ugly an can't sing or can sing or what ever they look more like each other or sound more like each other than Elvis........however again relating to some of the names mention above.......I take nothing away from them an applaud what they are doing.......

For me personally I don't mind listening to someone like Jamie Arron Kelly or DC or even Orion or for that mattter anyone that has the Elvis tone and is singing a good song with that hoping that they do not destroy the song but give a better idea if Elvis could have done it his way if you know what i mean........so for this reason some of these guys for me anyway do have a purpose if for nothing more just to fun with it anyway........again for me I go out of my way to listen if they are doing material which Elvis could have done.....more so than listening to them on record of what Elvis had recorded.....because other wise it doesn't work for me.......after all we have Elvis for that......watching Elvis video wise is another thing we have as well.....again not to say i wouldn't watch the better Trubutarians do their stuff on video..but i wouldn't really go out of my way to BUY it, there are execptions tho.......The Elvis Story looks interesting enough, that it may be worth having on video as a momento, As the Trailer that is found on their site looks like they are at least providing Entertainment value....however its more for the curiosty than anything else........not to continue to watch it over an over like what would be done with Elvis material......there is obviously a big difference.......

At last count there is supose to be over 35,000 of these guys around the world and growing.........still I would trade them all in for One Elvis !!!!

An to the guys I mentioned by name I hope you know what I mean........

Still Nothing like the Real Thing !

Just an opinion.......

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:17 am

Can't comment on 'em, I ain't seen 'em.

Another thing, why do these idiots always try to sing "Hurt" or "Mountain" or whatever. They always try to sing a high song and they are completely useless. They stand there in the street, hold out there hand like they are grabbing a woman's left breast, and try to sing "Hurt". I don't understand it, I really don't. Shoot 'em, that's what I say. Shoot 'em.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:39 pm

The best Elvis Impersonator that i know is Martin Fontaine.

See the trailer of is show:

http://www.elvisstory.com/quicktime/fs- ... e-ang.html

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:59 pm

He's not a very good soundalike though,is he?

Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:40 am

Regarding The Elvis Story and going by what i see on the trailer,.it looks like its a well put together production...an this is a perfect example of what could be called a Tribute an not an impersonation.......sort of Broadway sort of stuff,.......The Fellow protraying Elvis in real life looks nothing like Elvis and doesn't seem to want to either its all make up........from watching the Trailer it looks pretty good too......to my understanding its not all singing I could be wrong........does anyone know?

Voice wise.......i agree he doesn't seem to sound all that good,...however I'm sure it sounds better being there,......in fact Alot of these Tributes that are done by the Best......useally do sound better live then when they record themselves........all an interpetation tho.........

None will ever be exact,..some will be fun to listen to or even go see for that matter.......an My bet is on the Elvis Story that it seems to look like it could be worth a Ticket.......

PEP 8)

Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:31 am

I'm with joe on this one. The only "tribute show" Ive found worth the time is Lou Vuto's memories theater in Pigeon Forge, because he has Charlie Hodge singing backup with him, and charlie tells some Elvis anecdotes. It was ok, but when it gets down to it, shoot em.