Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Dutch Elvis Experience, Amterdam June 8, 2003

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:52 pm

Hi folks,
The Concert yesterday evening blew me away. Lord have mercy! i have seen the show 3 times but the forth one last night was outstanding.
If I can Dream, the complete Trouble/Guitar man 68 medley shown with TWO different camera angles WOW!
the arrangements were different to the standard and the band gave the best. A real closing night! the version of How Great Thou Art, Suspicious Minds, Polk Salad Annie and Trilogy was as top as it could ever be.
The crowd ent crazy. After Triliogy they had to stop the screen because the fans exploded and the band members were looking at each other as if they have thought: We cant go on, the crow looses control. Burton had tears in his eyes and the camera man showed it very big on the screen.
The whole crowd was singing to the songs so loudly....oh boy what a night!
I´m absolutly down...i can´t think about something else...I have the tunes, the pics and the whole atmosphere still in my mind!!!
the whole day today I was unable to think, to do something....I´m still so thrilled
IT WAS AMAZING and so bombastic!
thanks EPE to make that possible and we want it back soon!
I hope and pray that it wasn´t the last time the concert made a tour!
So many teenagers there!
the NEXT generation is as well ready for morE!
LONG LIVE THE CONCERT and
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!
Digger

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:55 pm

Sounds like a fantastic evening, do you have any photo`s you could share with us ?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:52 am

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:11 am

I don't mean to get off-topic, but...

Digger... you mention "Tillotson" in your signature line... do you mean Johnny Tillotson? He's a cool guy, whote "It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin" (as I'm sure you know, but that's for everyone's knowledge, too). I met him a couple years ago and we really hit it off, he told me about the song and how Elvis called him up to ask if he could move the lyrics around just a bit.. Johnny said "Elvis, you could change the title if you want to, I'm just glad you want to sing it!"

In a side note, since I have all the takes of that song, I asked him if he liked outtakes, and when he said he loved 'em, I surprised him with them. If was a thrill to see his reaction to Elvis outtakes of his song. :)

Just thought I'd share that.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:03 am

What a great night in Amsterdam. A very special closing night.
Are you lonesome tonight was included ...

The Sweet Inspirations can't stand still the whole evening..always in a move..so great...5.500 people sang together with the King.

Many many people were very young and thats great for the fanworld. Elvis is dead since 26 years but the fans becoming younger :-)

James Burton and the whole gang were in a great mood this evening.
It was my fourth concert, but this one was absolutely the best one!!

Nobody than Elvis Presley is able to make a great party from a video

Thank you TCB Band for this evening

Thank you Elvis Presley!!!

Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:18 pm

Indeed a GREAT concert.
It was my fourth time, but this was absolutely the best!
Ronnie, Jerry, Glenn but especially James enjoyed the crowd´s reactions.
Jerry kept giving the crowd his thumbs up and in his excitement James even let go of his guitar to thank the audience.
My brother was there with me and this was his first time.
He was thrilled.
The sound was awesome and we sat right behind the mixingdesk, so great places.
(and I also still hear the echo´s of 2001...what an opening!)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:27 pm

Hello everybody,

Here are a number of reviews:(only two in Dutch, the rest in English!)

http://www.elvisdisco.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

There are also a number of pictures to be found here, supplied by one of our messageboard (forum) members.