Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:38 am

You might have a bootleg. Who manufactures it?

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:00 am

I will keep a look out for this next time i'm in the shops. I have the original release. :D

:D

Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:16 pm

RCA put out a version 1988 with some room-atmosphere remixes (the one woith an Elvis drawing. A bootleg company has put out an version in monosound with Elvis picture from the Aloha pressconference a photo of him with all the hats with the name of the country there will show the aloha show

Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:44 pm

Carolyn thanks for the info. I will search for it next time I'm in town.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:09 pm

Carolyn, do you mean this ?

If so, then this is 'The Aloha show' & not Alternate.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:35 pm

If indeed it is the Aloha upgrade pictured above, then the picture of Elvis with all of the Hawaiian girls you are reffering to is from the inside of the original double LP set as issued in 1973. That album was a classic piece of design, but the photos are from 1972 and some better pics could certainly have been utilized.
If the Aloha CD you currently have is the one with the original album cover, you would be pleased with the improved sound on this upgrade release.
Steve

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:36 pm

Ahhh. I have this one that Ray shows as well as the original release, and the Aloha rehersal.

8)

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:54 pm

Yes that photo is Elvis, but he wasn't posing in that location for the shot. :D

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:26 pm

Are you sure, Sam?
In 1972, didn't they ask Elvis to pose for a picture with some
Hula girls during his show in Jacksonville, Florida?
They knew they needed (had to have) that shot for the upcoming AFHVS LP sleeve.

LOL!!!

That has got to be the tackiest looking thing I have ever seen!!!
I wonder who the genius was behind that creation... it must have been the Colonel.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by elvis-fan on Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:35 pm

Yes elvis-fan, that pic was bad enough on the original LP release. Why would they re-use it on the newer CD version.
(Shakin' my head) :shock: :?

:roll: