Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

just a thought

Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:38 pm

hi all .

i have a fair size elvis collection ive been a fan as long as i can remember im now 38. and next to my faimly its pretty much the most inportant thing in my life.
every day im doing somthing to do with elvis i bet there are a lot more people like me out there. some with big collections some with small.
i often wonder what will become off my elvis stuff when im gone. some off my children say they would like it . i guess that goes for most off us but do they really want or are they just trying to please us.
so what will become off our collections any thoughts. :?:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:15 am

So i guess you have alerady all your will ready and everything fix , so if you die tomorrow wife and kids have a big problem. The Elvis collection seems secondary, doesnt it?

I told my wife to auction every single piecve to Ebay and hell with it. Yuo cannot expect your kids to have the same feelings that you do for those things. And also when they die what they are going to do?

Francesc

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:20 am

Gee Fran, better watch it, you're turning into an Alan with those comments! :wink:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:31 am

Hey Kylan, do you remember that you told me "mind your own business and dont make smart ass remarks ,,,, well mind your own business. Yuo can make the smart ass, since you are not too smart ..the ass fits you.

And I dont see anything wrong about KiwiAlan, one thing is to be a fan and the other to think that elvis did everything correctly.

Francesc

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:39 am

As usual, its not me being the one to call names and get ugly. have at it. still like your site tho, keep up the good work.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:37 am

So you put Elvis ahead of one's wife and children, Kylan.

That speaks volumes.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:49 am

Rod, when you are gone the collection won't mean much to you.
Your children say they would like it. Let them have it. They will either cherish it for the reason that it was something you loved and/or they like Elvis as well.
And in the worst case they would sell it and make some money off of it.

:D

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:50 am

Pardon me Alan? im afraid u will have to do better than that if ur trying to make a point. i dont follow.

Collection

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:58 am

Rod
I would leave instructions on how much value these pieces have and how best to sell them if that is what they want. I have an extensive baseball card collection but I plan to sell it before I die so that I can reap some of the rewards. I could not ever sell my Elvis collection. It would be like selling my fathers pictures. I have left instuctions about its value so they will not do something stupid like sell it below market value.

Tony

Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:31 am

Also, Rod, you are only 38 years old. A lot can happen in the next 40-60 years or so. Maybe your children will get to enjoy your Elvis stuff or somewhere down the road you meet someone that would appreciate it. I wouldn't worry about such things now. Just enjoy your collection.

jeff R

Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:10 pm

I'm only 19 so I ain't gonna worry about that for, ooh, let's see - 70 years?

Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:39 pm

I will be eighty next Thursday. I never married and have no children ! What the hell am I going to do with my original Sun 78`s ???? :(

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:08 pm

Take them with you Matt. :wink:

:wink:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:23 pm

I guess I just lucked out on this one. My three-year-old daughter just loves Elvis, so I guess I know where all my stuff will be going when I croak. That's comforting.

Tom

Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:37 pm

I think I could consider to bequeath my collection (cds, records, books, movie poster, lobby cards) to a public institution (e.g.: public library) for the new generation.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:30 pm

thanks guys.

i think you all have a point ,but for now i think i,ll just enjoy it for what it is.

cheers rod. :roll:

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:01 pm

Matt wrote:I will be eighty next Thursday. I never married and have no children ! What the hell am I going to do with my original Sun 78`s ???? :(

Marry me!

Girlhappy

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:11 pm

Anna Nicole, is that you?????

Tom