Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis In-Cognito, Fischer Spooner, Oakenfold & ???

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:17 pm

Rubberneckin is about to take the UK by storm. The big question is which mix will we get.
So far the only one we've had access to is the Cool groove mix, Elvis In-Cognito 8) which at 3min 25 secs consists of take 1 vocal along with various samplings & break beats etc. from the original session. I'm sure many fans are gonna love this as nothing new has been added that wasn't actually layed down at the sessions back in Jan of '69. Mind you, that doesn't mean it's like the original. In fact far from it, it sounds way different and is pretty dam good as well-that's for sure.
I have heard that there may well be a version 2 of this with changes towards the latter part of the song. I guess we'll have to wait & see on that over the next few days.
It would also appear BMG/RCA have commisioned 3 other DJs to do mixes as well. The now common one being Paul Oakenfold, which we are told is gonna be the single. Rumour has it though, that he is currently re-working his first offering due to a favoured, and by all accounts pretty outstanding mix done by FischerSpooner.
There is also a 3rd DJ mix as well, BMG is giving little away as to who this may be. Anyone out there know who?
The good news is that BMG is at least going all out for this summer Elvis No 1. Lets all show support whatever happens as there's no Nike ad campaign to fall back on this year. But hey, this is Elvis-he don't need Nike :lol:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:21 pm

Agreed. Let's get the King back to No.1 again with 'Rubberneckin' (Remix).

Brian :D

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:25 pm

Another No1 would be absolutely fantastic. :D

8)

Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:26 pm

This new single is a golden opportunity for the US to show that they are supporting the new world-wide interest in Elvis that started last year.

They failed miserably with 'ALLC'.

Let's hope they pass muster this time.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:44 pm

The problem is with US radio stations - the ALLC single sold pretty well over here, but only made #50 on the hot 100 because many radio stations said "This is Elvis, who cares?" and by the time they started to wise up at all, they'd already killed it's chances.

Seems like things are much better with overseas' radio policies and opinions.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:13 pm

Mike -

I know there is a problem with the airplay making such a difference in the Billboard main chart.

But 'ALLC', although it made number one in the sales chart, didn't prove to be a huge seller in the US did it ?

The US was out of step with the rest of the world on that !

The '30 #1's' album has partly put that right; the new single gives the US the chance to fully prove its loyalty !

Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:28 pm

I’m assuming that the cool groove/Elvis incognito remix is the Paul Oakenfold one. If this is the case, is this track already being given radio or airplay, or is it being streamed from a website somewhere?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:54 am

Hi, Colin!

Actually, I heard somewhere that BMG isn't going to release the single in the US.... is this true? I hope not..

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:16 am

Hi Mike -

That would be a strange state of affairs !

Do you think they have given up on Elvis singles in the US ?

Surely even your radio stations have woken up to the fact that Elvis is 'hot' again ?

A hit single would be great as it would draw attention to the new album.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:36 am

To be honest, I wouldn't blame BMG if they did...

Elvis' singles seem to usually do great overseas, but poorly over here. A number of radio and club DJs over here wouldn't even look at it because it was Elvis... even after 30 #1s came about. Just proves my theory that most US music has it's collective head up it's @$$. :? :x

I hope I'm wrong, but I heard that they won't release the single in the US.... doesn't matter, I'll get one, anyway, but still...