Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

the song "poor man's gold"

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:14 pm

I was at a flea market yesterday and I came across some old 45's. Lots from the 60's and 70's. I found a few elvis ones and then I noticed a mac davis one with "poor man's gold" on the B side. So I bought it because I was just curious about this song since elvis passed on it. If you haven't heard it, it's not un-like some of elvis's mid-tempo stuff from that time. Not a bad song, but not good either. They did put it out on the B side. More than likely this would be pretty close to what elvis heard as a demo.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:37 pm

What was the A-side

Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:46 am

I believe in music, was the A side.

Poor Man's Elvis

Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:34 am

Jamie Aaron Kelly is no big deal. He sings with an artificial 'forced' kind of voice. Someone sent me his Unfinished Business CD. It was an embarrasment to listen to even the first track Don't Forbid Me, not to mention the rest. He tries very hard to sound lilke Elvis but he completely do not have the Elvis essence at all. He maybe a fan alright but he should tries to stict to singing in his own voice. Now you may tell me, but that is his natural voice and that he has the voice of Elvis, just like another Churchy fella who insist that He IS the Voice of Elvis (when he sounds like a poor man's version of Perry Como doing Elvis). These cheap fake impersonators are NO good at all. Anyway,I will continue to just stick to the real thing, The Original ELVIS PRESLEY - The King Of The Whole Wide World. 8)