Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis and Beatles songs

Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:08 pm

Anyone know if he ever considered asking the Beatles to write a song for him?? or- did they ever offer to write a song for him??

I'm sure they could have written a few classics for him!

the squirrel

Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:25 pm

You are not daring to suggest that the Beatles could write classic songs :!:

Careful Squirrel - Kylan will have your nuts :lol:

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:47 pm

LMFAO@Kiwi Alan

the squirrel

Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:41 am

I hope you are joking about the slam on The Beatles, KiwiAlan.

jeff R

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:02 am

Oh but Elvis could substitute some of the Beatles with his own group "Voice" :cry:

or Charlie !

Whats up with you?

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:03 am

Whats up with you lately Francesc?

Tony

Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:19 pm

The Beach Boys could have written better songs for Elvis than The Beatles in my opinion. In any case he had a great choice of material anyway.

Brian :D

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:18 pm

Isn't Norwegian Wood about a hard-on? Caralyn lm. Sorry, but I always considered the song that way...though it is still great.

See What Happens When You Don't Attend Party

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:51 pm

Hey Nuts,

I understand that none of us have been on chat because we were all having chat party In Newcastle, however I think your mind has been running riot not having anyone to talk to when you are posting stupid messeges like this on our board.

Squirrel, you were invited, I understand that you were unable to get up for it, but hey, your wife has been telling all us guys that for years (lol). Now don't you worry, we got good therapy classes on the NHS and we all have contacted your doctor, a Mr Carpenter I believe he is called, anyway, until the next time, keep taking the Hawky pills I gave ya and some day soon you may be able to travel to our next event, it's in Amterdam by the way. BUY A PASSSPORT.

Your Friend & Mentor.

Hawk...

Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:26 pm

lmfao@nighthawk.

Let me tell you mister nighthawk...while you were out rattin' over the weekend, we had a whale of a time in the chat room........"silence is golden" if you know what i mean....lol.....btw....when the hawks away.the anoraks will play- lmao..

If you think we missed you lot at the weekend you've got another thing coming you sad b*****d...... you're ego is getting just like your forehead..... "BIGGER ALL THE TIME"...LOL

the squirrel :D

PS....just kidding about the sad part- lol

Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:02 pm

John Lennon writing music for Elvis?
They were from two different worlds, two different times, generations - I don't think Elvis understood the Beatles.
Singing songs like "Yesterday" and "Something" is one thing.
Hear the job he did on "Hey Jude"?
And the way he "toyed" with "Get Back" hardly counts as a solid attempt at capturing the meaning of the tune.

It kind of reminds me of Pat Boone singing "Tutti Fruiti" - have you ever heard that?
Man, it's sad.

PS. I'm not a Beatles fan, by the way. Just giving my perspective.
Last edited by elvis-fan on Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Whats up with you?

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:26 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Whats up with you lately Francesc?

Tony

Nothing why?

Whats up

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:04 pm

You just seem on edge lately. You have always been a happy go lucky guy.

Tony

Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:09 am

I'm fine thanks.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:22 am

Isn't Norwegian Wood about a hard-on?

Astonishing. And people called <i>John Lennon</i> a genius.