Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Flashback

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:26 am

I sat down tonight and looked again at the FTD book (I had not browsed through it in awhile.) What a great book. It really depicts what was going on with Elvis from 1956-58. If you've not looked at this lately, do so. Or if you do not own the book and CD, get it because you are missing out. It really makes me wonder what was in store for us in 1959 had it not been for the United States Army. There were some great tunes recorded during 1956-58, the movies were good, and all of his live concerts were dynamite. I want 1959 back!

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:46 am

Does this book have alot of previously unknown facts or is it basically a picture book and or reprinting of old news articles?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 pm

carolynlm wrote:It is a good read and the pictures are great, but the price is something that keeps a lot of fans from purchasing this item.

If you mean to imply Flashback (FTD)'s retail price is unreasonably inflated, you are most mistaken.

DJC

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:45 pm

Doc -
You are correct. I paid $64.00 for my book and CD and it is worth every penny. To hear outtakes of these great songs and to see the fantastic photographs of our man when he was at the height of stardom is well worth the price. This is some of the finest rock n roll ever recorded and this FTD gives you an audiovisual effect. The CD is worth the price alone but there is still the book. It is a must for any serious collector.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
carolynlm wrote:It is a good read and the pictures are great, but the price is something that keeps a lot of fans from purchasing this item.

If you mean to imply Flashback (FTD)'s retail price is unreasonably inflated, you are most mistaken.

DJC

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 97-9695021

Well at $139.49 Doc I think it is :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:19 pm

I don't think that is FTD's retail price. There are definitely some Amazon profits tacked on there.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:05 pm

Expensive maybe, but compared to a lot of other Elvis material we are often flogged, it is a gem.

Verdict - While a little expensive for some, in a similar way to their earlier FTD outing "That's The Way It Was", the CD and book are worth every hard-earned cent. Elvis fans and collectors will get hours of fun and enjoyment while exploring both the pictures and the fabulous music. If you like Elvis in the fifties this book & CD are an absolute must.

EIN review

A present that I keep going back to, love it.

Cheers
Piers

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:07 pm

Piers, I just read your review. Great stuff. Your verdict is very similar to my own verdict at the end of my Flashback review in Flaming Star #31. I wrote (translated from Norwegian): "Flashback is a fantastic product. The price may be a bit stiff, but the money is well-spent. If you like the fifties, you’ll love Flashback."

This is truly a quality product. It’s one of the best releases in the FTD series thus far. If you don’t own Flashback (both the book and the CD), you are certainly missing out.