Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:06 pm

MemphisFlash, I would like to see the photo that you mention your friend posseses. I have talked with one of the editors of the National Enquirer and he told me in no uncertain terms that they had the original photo in a vault at the NE headquarters, but lost it when they lost some other documents not too long ago. I can't remember if there was a fire or some other problem.

I think it was Dellboy who referred to the photo being enhanced by a sketch artist, and it was indeed Bob Stephens who did this work and he was the one who died from the anthrax attack.

However, my first opinion when I saw that photo in the grocery checkout stand in 1977,was the same opinion I have today: The photo on the cover of the Nat Enqiurer was FAKE.

It would do me a lot of good MemphisFlash, to know this photo exists, whether color or black and white.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:22 pm

This is the set i posted on here a few months ago.

I captioned the bottom one as never used, but that refers to the original issue, it may have been used elsewhere since.
But this makes up the three images, whether original, touched up or sketched.

Not the main difference on all three images is the coffin rope lid limiter.
Either in a different place in relation to Elvis' hair in the photo or omitted altogether in the sketch.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Have any of the former members of the Memphis Mafia ever commented about this particular photo and the horrible job done by the NE????

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 pm

In the book, Revelations of the Memphis Mafia, the casket photo is discussed although it is only mentioned in the context of trying to find out who took the photo and how reporters were able to find out so soon about Elvis' death, before it was known by the general public.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Colin - I wasn't durprised by all those people taking photos of the pope, although I certainly wouldn't want to do it.

However, it was rather strange to see a number of Arab ladies, all covered up in their usual attire using their mobiles to film the execution of two rapists/murderers.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:34 pm

Andrew -

Yes, if something is on public display, photos & videos must be expected.

We were shocked by the Elvis photo because everything was so private and family-orientated [family and friends just don't film at funerals, do they ?].

I think when they allowed the public to view Elvis' casket, they should have allowed the taking of photos as well.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:22 pm

Dear Admin,
That was my work from way back when and funkyangel......... you ain't so funky 'no more', you're just tall that's all :wink:

Thanks for steeling my reasearch from way back when :roll: :shock:

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 pm

ME4EP -

The Funkyangel didn't claim the research was their work, but they should have given you a credit, though !

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:59 am

I don't mind really, hence the 'smileys' but a credit would have been nice :D

Anyway to save going over all this again take a trip back in time with this link:

http://www.elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/stuff/not%20nice%20pic.htm

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:21 am

That spooked me out.

I have just been asking ME4EP about those as I was quite surprised by sone of the images.
Although the text content was ME4EP's on there it was one of the images that caught me out. ME4EP says he rescued it from the previous FECC board before April 2003, but it was in 2002 that I did some of those images on a now defunct site.

3 years ago and some stuff I'd forgotten about suddenly reappears - I can't quite explain how wierd that feels.

Yeah, I know, I should feel comfortable with the "wierd" thing :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:05 am

ME4EP wrote:Dear Admin,
That was my work from way back when and funkyangel......... you ain't so funky 'no more', you're just tall that's all :wink:

Thanks for steeling my reasearch from way back when :roll: :shock:

Hey dude, relax, if I would of remembered, I would of given you credit! Hell, this aint no power struggle on my behalf! I was just bringing it to everyone's attention! Sounds like you are bit of a cry baby! Lighten up, okay!
Everybody, ME4EP was the dude you brought it forward, years ago!

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:19 am

ME4EP wrote:I don't mind really, hence the 'smileys' but a credit would have been nice :D

Anyway to save going over all this again take a trip back in time with this link:

http://www.elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/stuff/not%20nice%20pic.htm

ADAM
(no login)
Re: autopsy
No score for this post April 1 2003, 9:20 PM

ME4EP , very impressive , indeed !
Thank you

ME4EP, that was me ) !

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:37 pm

Hey funkyangel...... I'm cool with it hence the smilies and the 'I really don't mind line'.
Sometimes it's interesting to see that ghost from the past again isn't it.
So Adam is you you, you're not married to Evil are you :wink: get it, Adam and Evil?

No problems whatsoeva !

Kinda cool really.