Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

hayride cd's

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:14 pm

I was just wondering with all the the different cd's thats out with the hayride recordings,which cd's would you have to get to complete whats available?

eric

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Settle for "Good Rockin`Tonight - The Evolution Of Elvis Presley" or
"RockinĀ“ Tonight "which both feature all 19 Hayride Perfomances in good sound quality. The second one is a 2 cd set with CD2 featuring the original recordings by the other artists!!

Whatever nHappened to . . . ?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:31 pm

Talking of Hayride Collections - I bought the Hayride Years 1954-55 Book and CD which has a great version of 'Maybelline' btw

But what ever happened to the follow-up which I would really love to have! . . . .

<<Joey Kent and Frank Page are planning a second Hayride book that will focus on Elvis' last live performance at the Hayride on December 15, 1956. This is also very interesting to learn that they are hoping to include a CD containing the full concert from that night's performance.

Songs performed at the last Hayride performance were : "Heartbreak Hotel", "Long Tall Sally", "I Was The One", "Love Me Tender", "Don't Be Cruel", "Love Me", "I Got A Woman", "When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again", "Paralyzed", and "Hound Dog".>>

P.S. I wonder if bootleggers are now considering going legal and waiting for the copyright to expire - If so I guess it will be Sun Stuff for awhile then a systematic release policy of RCA stuff 1956 - 1957 - 1958 ????

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Keith has a listing on his site of those shows and the subsequent releases they can be found on.