Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Opinions on Mike Edwards? - Priscilla's lover for 7 years

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:53 pm

I have just started reading 'In the shadow: Priscilla, Elvis & Me', by Mike Edwards. (Basically it is about how Priscilla's relationship wth EP kind of over shadowed their relationship - true or just saying that in order to sell the book?)

He has written that on the night when he met priscilla he had a vision of Elvis & had a nightmare about him too.

I know he was obsessed by Elvis but do you think 'seeing' Elvis is true or is it just down to the substances that he took?

Also as he was such a huge fan of Elvis wouldn't have Priscilla been a bit upset - maybe at this point she wanted to break free of Elvis, instead of having a boyfriend who adored her ex-husband?

Or was Mike Edwards kindda like a groupie who just got lucky?

Very weird.

(He dated Priscilla from 1981 - until 1988 - (i think).

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:19 pm

julieannebabe -

Don't know a lot about him.

Is that his real name, or did he just call himself that ?

You know, it being the name of a character played by Elvis in one of his films ?

As you say - weird !

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:54 pm

It's his real name. He did try acting in the 80's. Edwards appeared in small roles in some movies and tv-series. I think his most famoust role was in the blockbuster Terminator 2 Judgement Day in which he appeared as the old John Connor (the boy who Terminator was send to protect). After early 90's he hasn't done filmwork and in fact his whereabouts are not known. I wonder does anyone know where he is today?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:38 pm

Marko -

You wrote:
It's his real name.

The odds of Priscilla shacking up with a guy who shared the name of one of Elvis' film role characters must have been millions to one !

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:53 pm

ColinB wrote:The odds of Priscilla shacking up with a guy who shared the name of one of Elvis' film role characters must have been millions to one !

You'd be surprised! Apparently she was once linked with Toby Kwimper who was a Hollywood hairdresser, and for a while had a crush on her GP, one Dr John Carpenter!

It's a small world! :wink:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26 pm

http://www.elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/clipping_51.htm

And here's a picture of the two of them for you :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26 pm

Great book.... strange behauvior by Lisa & Priscilla in 1978 regarding Elvis: talking about him in the present tence rather then the past tence... so says Mike Edwards.

Great story on a party in Graceland, 1978, with lots of booze, cocaine and even a glimpse of Elvis, or so Mike thought..

Interresting!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:28 pm

After things went south with Mike Stone Mike Edwards became the first of Priscilla's boy toys, or as these types were described on Seinfeld, 'Mimbos.'
And wasn't Edwards the one who hit on teen-aged Lisa?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:34 pm

Klunk.

Any discussion of Mike Edwards should be in <b>Off-Topic</b>.

Anyone who gives two hoots about same should be in the looney bin.

DJC

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:13 am

Graceland Gardener & The Doc make Ebeneezer Scrooge look cheerful, don't they ?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:23 am

ColinB wrote:Graceland Gardener & The Doc make Ebeneezer Scrooge look cheerful, don't they ?

I've heard that the Doc will be visited by three spirits tonight! The ghosts of Elvis posters past, present and future. Log in the same time tomorrow, there'll be compliments all round and apologies for everyone!

He'll need to be careful now that Steve Cratchet is moderator. :D

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:33 am

The Doc isn't so bad. He's just misunderstood and you just can't help but like the guy. Actually, he does have a point. This topic does belong in the Mike Edwards forum on this message board. It's just so damned hard to find though.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:50 am

Edwards's book did have some interesting stuff (not a lot though) about Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie. This might be an off topic discussion but then I guess it's not on it's own there. I've seen discussions here about people who have had very thin connection (if any) with Elvis. Aren't all of those off topic too?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Marko -

We have a few different sections for posts on various subjects.

But the onus is on the poster as to which section they put their thread in.

Sometimes they appear in the 'wrong' one.

But it is self-defeating to post & complain about it !

The thread is where it is & where it is going to stay.

Posting a complaint only bumps it to the top of the screen, turns that little logo orange again, and makes even more people read it !

Daft I call it.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:58 pm

Colin,

I ain't complaining. You must have me mixed up with Doc. ;)

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:00 pm

Marko -

I wasn't getting at you.

You weren't complaining !

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:24 pm

apoligies for not putting this post elsewhere.

half way reading that book - i have decided that this mike edwards was a complete slimeball, obsessed with elvis and a man with a huge ego.

he had feelings for lisa that was kindda sinister.

i doubt that i am even gonna carrying on reading this book. i just think that he was with prisicilla because of her connection to EP.

what a waste of space.

xjx

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:43 pm

Mike Edwards is one of those people who always looks in need of a good shower.......and a pair of quality tweezers.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:00 am

I think this guy was the real trouble between LMP and Priscilla, Lisa was very upset with her mother for being with this guy for so long. She said recently he would come in her room late at night and say and do some inaropriate things, but that she would kick him out of her room. What a sleaze.

JEFF d
Elvis fan