Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:54 am

I can't hear Patch It Up without thinking of the black guy in the movie TTWII who is rocking in the audience.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:28 am

Marko wrote:I can't hear Patch It Up without thinking of the black guy in the movie TTWII who is rocking in the audience.

That guy can only be described as "rhythmically challenged" :lol: . I get a kick out of seeing him.
Eileen......for me it's "Unchained Melody" and the automatically conjured image of Elvis sitting at the piano, sweat pouring off his face, as he glances back at Charlie and mouths "Not bad!!". It's very poignant to me.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: NEVER talk on the phone while typing......especially at THIS hour :shock: . Now I bet our message board Eileen will show up to correct me as well!!!!!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:00 pm

carolynlm wrote:Scatter, you are forgiven, and I'm sure Eileen is a very nice lady....so I don't mind being confused with her......And we all know that multi-tasking is something only a female can handle...... :lol:

Eileen is indeed very nice. And as for you point that multitasking is best left to women........no argument here. I'm not the guy you want answering your call for emergency assistance if ESPN is on :D

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:00 pm

One song that comes to mind is Sweet Caroline. I'm thinking of TTWII. For some reason I love when Elvis sings Sweet Caroline, bomp bomb bomb - and he turns his head back and forth on the bomp bomps. I didn't say that very well, but I hope you know what I mean. Even if I hear Neil Diamond sing it, I just picture Elvis' moves.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Well "SAM",i would give you answer to your Q but the lack of "SWEETIES"!!!

Ps...you seen/heard from carolyn?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:22 pm

Whenever I hear "Boyzone"'s version of "Words" I find myself adding Elvis's "...Heart... Awaaay" right at the end.

Special Song Memories

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:03 pm

Guys, I have to reply to this thread. One of my most special memories is when Elvis was singing "If You Love Me Let Me Know" in Vegas. I had a seat just slightly left of center stage. It was the best seat I had ever had at the time. Elvis walked over and stood right by me, tapping his feet and singing this song. He was clearly enjoying singing this. I was simply mesmerized watching him tap his feet to the song, and totally in awe of this man. I could have reached out and touched his feet (which I didn't do). It was magical. :D :D :D :D

Elvisly,

Linda in Atlanta, Goergia USA

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:56 pm

I'll Remember You when he gets to the part after the pause and sings "IIII willl REEE-memmmmber you" and smiles at the band with that wonderful sidelong glance. He knew he sang that particular passage beautifully.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:36 am

stilllovinelvis wrote:One song that comes to mind is Sweet Caroline. I'm thinking of TTWII. For some reason I love when Elvis sings Sweet Caroline, bomp bomb bomb - and he turns his head back and forth on the bomp bomps. I didn't say that very well, but I hope you know what I mean. Even if I hear Neil Diamond sing it, I just picture Elvis' moves.

I'm with you!!! I was only about 6 when I saw this, and that song (and the moves) were just INDELIBLY imprinted upon my mind. Magic.......