Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

If asked, which one gospel cd would you buy

Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:59 pm

After watching the He Touched Me DVD, I really want to buy a gospel CD that Elvis recorded, which one would you people recommend. Thanks in advance.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:23 pm

"Amazing Grace" Double CD.

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News

Gospel cd

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:28 pm

I would buy amazing grace double cd...it is a very good listen in great sound...........it came out a few years ago but I think you can still get it.A triple cd came out called peace in the valley it had all elvis gospel songs on it but i find amazing grace the best to listen too...hope this helps

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:31 pm

"Ultimate Gospel". It contains a great overview of gospel material from all phases of his career in fantastic sound quality.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:26 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:34 pm

neckywoudje wrote:amazing grace! It represents all the gospel albums + additional tracks...

Ultimate gospel just isn't it...The tracklisting is weird and the production is bad...for example: they edited out the pop om Í Believe In The Man In The Sky (On help, which now sounds as Hell)

I would have to agree on this one!

The sound on Ultimate Gospel may be great, but the tracklist/ sequence is a complete mess!

Amazing Grace have always been my favorite Elvis gospel release.

Br
Kristian

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:05 pm

Joe -

I found Amazing Grace so satisfying, I never bothered with the Peace In The Valley set !

And I'm something of a completist, though obviously not a complete one !

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:Amazing Grace have always been my favorite Elvis gospel release.

You can't go wrong with this one.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm

Definitely “Amazing Grace”.

This set includes the complete gospel masters along with some quality out takes.

“Peace In The Valley” may be a more exhaustive overview, but by using songs from film soundtracks, live performances, informal performances etc. the standard in terms of sound and (in some cases) performance is not maintained, whereas with “Amazing Grace” you can sit back and enjoy Elvis at his best without having to programme your CD player first.

The release of “Ultimate Gospel” is one of the things I find so frustrating about BMG’s current mainstream release policy. I’m all for improved sound, but the sensible thing to do would have been to upgrade all the gospel masters at the same time and re-issue “Amazing Grace”. Of course we will get all the masters eventually, but unfortunately those that bought “Ultimate Gospel” will have to pay out all over again.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:22 am

Amazing Grace is the ultimate Elvis Gospel collection. There was no need for Peace In The Valley. That was purely a cash-in release, as is Ultimate Gospel. I didn't get either of those latter two. If we stop buying these money-spinning regurgitations BMG will stick with classy collections such as Amazing Grace.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:40 am

PEACE IN THE VALLEY.

Better sound and mix on the 70"s masters (60"s as well) than amazing grace.

Just a view.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:20 am

AMAZING GRACE - just delightful. The best - no doubt.

(Peace In the Valley a little too messy for me)

Ultimate Gospel is good for a "quick fix" especially as you might spot it in the cheap bins by now.

Cheers
Piers

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:10 am

cheap bins for Ultimate Gospel?

I don't think so...

I have yet to see this disc cheaper than $14.99 in every major retail cd store I've visited!

Ultimate Gospel=Great sound, poor order...

go with the 2 cd set Amazing Grace!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:44 am

Amazing Grace......nothing else even comes close