Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Do you remember...

Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:25 pm

...wich was the first Elvis song that you listened to and how old you were at that time? For me it was Stuck on you and I was 9 years old. It was the summer of the 1982. :D

Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:38 am

The first time I can remember hearing an Elvis song was when Return to Sender was being played on the radio(When it was originally released). I was about 7 yrs old. It was about 5 yrs later that we got a record player and I started my collecting. :D

:twisted:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:16 am

i heard t-ro-u-b-l-e i was 9 years old in 1975
i liked the song but i wasnt a fan of elvis tell early

curtis simpkins

Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:05 am

I was 13 when Heartbreak Hotel burst upon radio land. I didn't like it at first - I didn't understand it - I was into simple rock and roll.

But two weeks later I heard Mystery Train and the hook was well and truly taken.

then a dizzy few years with Hound Dog , Don't Be cruel, the Loving You movie, Jailhouse Rock, One Night, the buzz was never ending.

Every 3 months something new, something inovative.

The best of times to live :!:

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:33 am

KiwiAlan -

In all this time, I never realised you were the same age as me !

I guess you have an excuse for being such a miserable sod ! :lol:

I was also 13 when 'Heartbreak Hotel' came out.

The thing which impressed me & my group of friends was the different voices Elvis used on singles !

Would his next single be his 'Hound Dog' voice or his 'Love Me Tender' voice or his 'Jailhouse Rock' voice ?!

We'd never heard anything quite like it, and never did again !

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:11 am

I heard "Moody Blue" on the radio when Elvis had died, I was eight years old. Then it took a couple of years before I really became a fan, and started collecting the Camden cassettes! (they were really cheap and could be bought at the local petrol station!). It´s funny - I know a lot of fans who are the same age as me - and we all have really special memories from the Camden LP´s/tapes.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:58 pm

Prince Dragna wrote:It´s funny - I know a lot of fans who are the same age as me - and we all have really special memories from the Camden LP´s/tapes.

It's the same for me! I still have those tapes!

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:33 pm

I was 8 years old in 1956 when Hound Dog/ Don't Be Cruel was released. My mom gave it to me as a Christmas gift. I played that 45 at least a thousand times. I just kept flipping it over and over. I was totally mesmerized by those 2 songs. The first elvis record of course I ever had.

First songs

Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:29 pm

The first Elvis song I remember hearing (and loving) was "An American Trilogy" - I saw it on "The great performances" (the version hosted by Priscilla Presley). That program really made me an Elvis fan (I also totally loved "All shook up" from the comeback special). I was about 12 at the time.
My dad told me he had that song (trilogy) on a tape somewhere. It turned out to be the MSG show, and I played that tape like a thousand times - constantly repeating my old favourite, and my new favourite - "Polk Salad Annie" (man, what a rockin' song!!)

Bjorn

Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:47 am

Do you remember....reminds me of the Eddie Fadel recordings. :lol: