Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Chart Positions

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:17 pm

Hi,

I have joined this forum after just browsing for several months.

I was hoping somebody would be able to help. I am looking for a list of the chart positions for all the re-issued singles. If possible I would like to know the chart positions week-by-week for all the singles in either the top 40 or the top 75 not just the highest place each one reached. I used to subscribe to Music Week but, typically, cancelled my subscription last year. If I had kept it going I would have all this information to hand :(

I can be reached at peter.lewry@ntlworld.com or webmaster.maninblack@ntlworld.com

Hope somebody can help.

Peter

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:56 pm

Peter -

Try this:

http://www.chartstats.com/

Once you get used to navigating round the site, you'll find all the info you are seeking.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:09 pm

Colin,

Great site. Thanks for posting the link.

Peter

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:16 am

Frankly, chartstats.com is not a great site. At least not yet. Better chart stat site are the following:

Chart Clarity
Everyhit.com

Both give you the current week's chart, and in the case of the former lists the entire top 75 dating back to December 2001 as well as being able to do an entire chart run of an artist in some detail. In Elvis' case the individual chart runs of every single from Heartbreak Hotel onwards is listed. Hope this helps too.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:36 am

Stephen -

You wrote:
Frankly, chartstats.com is not a great site. At least not yet. Better chart stat site are the following:

Well, it has the info that Peter wanted regarding the re-issued Elvis singles.

Thanks for the links to the other sites - they will come in handy for the older stuff !

Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:07 pm

Peter is one of the biggest johnny cash fans around...he wrote the notes on the bear family dvd...JOHNNY CASH AT THE TOWN HALL PARTY.

Welcome to the mb peter.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Kev,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been a Cash fan for close on thirty-five years and an Elvis fan for almost as long. I started the Cash fanzine about ten years ago and my book on him was published about three years ago. I was fortunate to meet John but sadly never met Elvis :(

Over the years I have interviewed many people who worked with John and among those are a few who also worked with Elvis - Chips Moman, Reggie Young and Bob Moore. The interviews can be found on my website - http://www.johnnycashfanzine.com for those who are interested.

I have also written several sleeve-notes and was fortunate to have been asked to write the notes for the Elvis Live Greatest Hits package.

Hope I haven't gone on too much.

Peter