Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I. D. the take number ?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:42 pm

A strange thing is this one.
This weeks UK single release has MILKY WHITE WAY as the bonus third track.
After listening I thought, MMMmmm, that sounds DIFFERENT !
Loaded up my other CD's that contain this track for comparison and approx the master runs at 2.10/2.13 on my other CD's........this one clocks in at 2.32.
The phrasing sounds very close to the master and audio quality is very good indeed compared to 'Amazing Grace' release for example but it's running a lot slower.
Can anyone identify this weeks bonus track take number as it's not listed on the CITC CD as an Alt Version, has it been released before because I can't ID it in this form....it's not the alt from the Fame and Fortune FTD either.

Help anyone?

Re: I. D. the take number ?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:58 pm

ME4EP wrote:A strange thing is this one.
This weeks UK single release has MILKY WHITE WAY as the bonus third track.
After listening I thought, MMMmmm, that sounds DIFFERENT !
Loaded up my other CD's that contain this track for comparison and approx the master runs at 2.10/2.13 on my other CD's........this one clocks in at 2.32.
The phrasing sounds very close to the master and audio quality is very good indeed compared to 'Amazing Grace' release for example but it's running a lot slower.
Can anyone identify this weeks bonus track take number as it's not listed on the CITC CD as an Alt Version, has it been released before because I can't ID it in this form....it's not the alt from the Fame and Fortune FTD either.

Help anyone?

From the timing and your information, it sounds like its Take 3 of Milky White Way. This was first released on the Platinum box in 1997.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:37 pm

Mike C,
You are indeed correct, I missed that one :roll:

Intersting it's not listed as an ALT VERSION though.....MMmmmmm attention to detail BMG?

Thanks Mike C :wink:

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:42 pm

ME4EP -

You wrote:
Intersting it's not listed as an ALT VERSION though.....MMmmmmm attention to detail BMG?

They probably intended it to be the master !

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:01 pm

ME4EP wrote:Mike C,
You are indeed correct, I missed that one :roll:

Thanks Mike C :wink:

You are very welcome, ME4EP. I always enjoy helping out a fellow member of this board, as I am sure I'll have a similar question someday.

I can't believe that BMG would fail to pay attention to detail. :D