Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is it likely that 'TWOY' or 'Way Down' will get to no.1?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:23 pm

Seeing as the Comic Relief/ Tony Christie thing seems to have peaked, do people think it's it likely that we can squeeze a final no.1 (or two) from the remaining re-releases?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm

Well......erm....to find the answer to that we need to ask another question from the other angle.

Is it likely anyone else will outsell Elvis on either of the two weeks that those singles are released. ?

Yes - then unlikely Elvis will be number 1.
No - then likely he will be number 1.

With Elvis' sales fixed in a narrow band of predicted sales either way, we would have to know what else could be released by other acts where their status alone might dictate large sales irrespective of the quality of the content.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Yes, naturally it will be dependent upon sales of other artists and will be dictated by, to a large degree, forthcoming releases over the coming weeks. I'm not aware of any potentially massive selling new releases - I think we'vew a few weeks until Oasis!!

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:44 pm

psk -

As I've stated elsewhere on here, I reckon his best chance is with Crying In the Chapel this week.

It's second only to Amarillo at the moment, and way ahead of the other singles.

If Amarillo continues to fade, and enough buyers can find the Elvis single, he could just get to No.1.

For The Wonder of You and the rest of the run, he has to contend with the pesky downloaded stuff.

We won't be looking to see if he's No.1, we'll be looking to see if he's there at all.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Damn forgot about the downloads :(

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:18 am

"Wonder of You" is held in high regard in Britain. If there were going to be any Elvis No 1, I'd say it would be that one.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:29 am

Way down...no to no 1

The other two for me is a better bet of getting to the top.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:50 am

Many here will recall my cynicism in regards to this whole project with the release of these singles. And here we are, fighting it out to get to number one........BIG publicity move......and how many can actually FIND these singles in order to BUY the damn things to put them at number one?? Another fiasco from EPE :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:25 pm

This box collectoion of singles had nothing to do with EPE, the idea was a BMG UK one.
But when you're in bed with EPE I guess certain traits are bound to rub off. :wink:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:33 pm

Scatter -

You wrote:
Many here will recall my cynicism in regards to this whole project with the release of these singles. And here we are, fighting it out to get to number one........

Well, I had serious reservations about these releases [still do] but while we've got them, might as well work for them to be as successful as possible !

How about if they suspended/postponed the rest of the run and made Crying In The Chapel a regular release !

I reckon it could be No.1 for weeks if the supply was there !

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:41 pm

Steve_M wrote:This box collectoion of singles had nothing to do with EPE, the idea was a BMG UK one.
But when you're in bed with EPE I guess certain traits are bound to rub off. :wink:

BMG operates under the auspices of EPE........and obviously the acorn didn't fall very far from the tree

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:55 pm

ColinB wrote:

Well, I had serious reservations about these releases [still do] but while we've got them, might as well work for them to be as successful as possible !

How about if they suspended/postponed the rest of the run and made Crying In The Chapel a regular release !

I reckon it could be No.1 for weeks if the supply was there !

Exactly Colin.......once the project is underway, whether anyone agreed with the concept or implementation or not, it should be supported and made as successful as possible. Now, I'm not saying that this was a dismal failure.......but it was poorly implemented, and therefore we will never know what COULD have been accomplished. Surely, the powers at BMG had heard early and earnest rumblings over the unavailability of the singles. Yet the situation remains uncorrected and Elvis is thereby robbed of his due. These could have ALL been number 1 songs considering the paltry number of sales needed to achieve that status. I bet we don't hear that people will be unable to find the Oasis tracks when Elvis gets unfairly clobbered by them. As usual, Elvis gets short shrift.......sadly, by those whose jobs it is to see Elvis promoted and honored. Pathetic.....anywhere else heads would roll over this level of incompetence. You create a promotion based upon SALES of a product yet fail to make the product AVAILABLE to buy??? It never ceases to amaze me :roll: .Somebody there will probably get a raise :evil:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:28 pm

Downloading will form 25% of any single sales. In my opinion, taking into account other releases sheduled until the end of the Elvis run, 'Way Down' has the best chance of No.1.

Brian :)