Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Legendary Performer Vol. 5

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:16 am

Any word on this escape?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:34 pm

yeah, GREAT !

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:24 pm

IS this going to be the best of all 5 volumes probably?
Or will it be better than all 4 volumes?

The legendary performer releases were the first attempt to please the fans i think.
I dont want to be negative about them, but there has been a lot of good development since then. I think you could say Joan Deary took the first steps in the right direction to the situation we now have with a Collectors Label.

Lucky us!!! :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:44 pm

Nick,

This release is an 'import'. Not the 5th in the RCA series. Confusing ain't the word. :?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:17 pm

Yes i did realize that. BMG will never release a volume 5, so the bootleggers decided to do so.

Waht i meant to say was about the 4 four volumes. They are not that great when you now look at it, but back then these were the first steps in the right direction.

Or shouldnt i compare the BMG product with the bootleggers?

I think when both parties release outtake material its not all that of a difference, in quality.
The only difference is the legal/not so legal part.

Leg Vol 5

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 pm

According to Mr Tunzi Leg 5 was scheduled to be released (Mid 80's), All artwork and tracklisting was completed, as Pictured on Page565 of Sessions III. The traclisting was alot shorter than the bootleg we are about to get.

Side One: Puppet On A String / Lonely Man / Forget Me Never / In My Way / Ask Me / SInging Tree.

SIde Two: Night RIder / I'm Your's / I Met Her Today / A Mess Of Blues / It Feels So Right / Fool

No details on what versions would of been used but I would guess . . .

Lonely Man & Forget Me Never would of been the acoustic 'solo' versions, Ask Me would of been the alternate 63 session and Singing Tree the remake?

On Side Two - Night Rider would again be the alter rec date, I'm Your's the narrative-less take and Fool I would assume to be the full-length version?

I wonder if the inclusion of 'A Mess of Blues' & 'It Feels So Right' indicate the exact time that (we now now) the EIB tapes dissapeared and re-appeared in Miss Deary's Home :-)

Re: Leg Vol 5

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:13 pm

Shaky wrote:
I wonder if the inclusion of 'A Mess of Blues' & 'It Feels So Right' indicate the exact time that (we now now) the EIB tapes dissapeared and re-appeared in Miss Deary's Home :-)

Perhaps, Ernst used Joan's master of Legendary Performer Vol. 5 for the outtakes of the two songs on Platinum in 1997. At that time, he noted in an interview with Paul Dowling that BMG held very EIB outtakes. This might make for a good question for Ask Ernst.