Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ronnie Tutt "no show"

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:30 pm

Just recently found out that Ronnie Tutt does not play on Elvis the Concert.
This news sucks bigtime. I may have missed a topic about this, but what do you guys think about this?

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:01 pm

I think it's because Ronnie is touring with Neil Diamond (he's played with Neil for years now), and the dates were already scheduled before the Elvis shows.

Rich

well

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:00 am

Robert,
you got it right this topic has already been covered, but i have just got my money back because the change of the date for the London shows i cannot make the Saturday but i feel with no Ronnie we sort have been cheated in someway the whole point is to see the Full TCB in all theie Glory its like Eggs and Bacon without having the Bacon, i wonder if James Burton pulled out then how many fan would go to the concert still :cry:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:14 am

so, he's playing with a real live singer instead.

Don't blame him.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:27 am

You're right suaveharv,

The thing that's pissing the fans off though is that EPE knew Ronnie was touring with Neil when they announced the tour!

I'm going to see Neil Diamond in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing Ronnie but if EPE knew he wouldn't make the tour they should have said so.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:59 am

The new drummer, Paul Leim, sure is a good replacement.

However it is a shame Ronnie is not there.

But we still get Glen D., Jerry, James, Joe, Myrna and Estelle, Ed Enoch...

I think it will do!

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:14 am

Suavey, the TCB band never consisted of a live lead singer.

Del, I didn't know that EPE were behind the TCB band ? I admit I never gave it any thought, just assumed they were in control of themselves or indy management and that was that. Interesting.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:58 am

JeroenNL wrote:The new drummer, Paul Leim, sure is a good replacement.

However it is a shame Ronnie is not there.

But we still get Glen D., Jerry, James, Joe, Myrna and Estelle, Ed Enoch...

I think it will do!

How come John Wilkenson is not playing? He never seems to play with the TCB band anymore. Anybody know why?

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:55 am

elbo51 wrote:How come John Wilkenson is not playing? He never seems to play with the TCB band anymore. Anybody know why?

Health issues have forced John to retire from such live performing. And also note that Ronnie Tutt has heart problems that might be a factor in future live committments.

DJC

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:12 pm

To bring up Ronnie and heart troubles has nothing to do with this situation.

Ronnie must be doing great as he is now touring with Neil Diamond and will also be touring with Neil in the USA. You can't do that if you are not in tip top shape. Ronnie has had an operation but is doing good.

But the fact will be that we are very fortunate enough to see these people still in action and playing great. There will be a time that they will not be here anymore, so enjoy it while it lasts!!

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:27 pm

Doc didn't say it was anything to do with the current situation, he merely added that info after responding to the question about John Wilkinson.

Doc only mentioned that future commitments - not current, might be affected by Ronnies health.

Ronnies drumming was the back bone of some classic Elvis performances, but I'm not that bothered about it being a different drummer, I think it will add a different dimension to the show and make it slightly more interesting in some ways.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:59 pm

Interesting to hear this. Several years ago when I saw Neil Diamond live, Paul Leim was playing drums for him while Ronnie was on the Elvis In Concert tour.

Neil even made a comment during the band intros that Ronnie was his usual drummer, but that he was back on tour with "his most famous boss" for a little while. Naturally, everybody knew who he was referring to, and the audience got a good laugh out of the joke.

Paul was very good with Neil Diamond, so I don't see any reason he wouldn't be the same with the Elvis show....

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:04 pm

Frankie -

You wrote:
Paul was very good with Neil Diamond, so I don't see any reason he wouldn't be the same with the Elvis show....

No one doubts his ability as a drummer......................

What he lacks is an Elvis connection !

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:34 pm

Yes, Paul has no elvis connection... true... but it gives us a glance at The Concert if played by good musicians with no relation to Elvis... Might give a new dimension to the music...

Tutt

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 pm

A new dimension might be cool - after all Larrie Londin proved to be more than a worthy replacement for Ronnie back in 76 and 77.

However, I am real miffed that Tutt won't be there - especially as this time I managed to get second row seats in the middle block right in front of the stage at Sheffield, but Burton's my main man when all's said and done!!!

For authenticity would you have prefered they dragged out Bob "Snare fills" Lanning or even Jerome? :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elbo51 wrote:How come John Wilkenson is not playing? He never seems to play with the TCB band anymore. Anybody know why?

Health issues have forced John to retire from such live performing. And also note that Ronnie Tutt has heart problems that might be a factor in future live committments.

DJC

Having watched three dress rehearsals and the full Neil Diamond show plus speaking to RON for some length of time - I can assure you he is in fine health and his work is spectacular. He oten got the band jamming with solo's during rehearsal down time.

A talent such as his thrives on challenge - something which the EP concert can't provide - but a live person such as Neil Diamond can.

We did talk about the EP concerts and he did point out that they lack the spotaneity that made the live Elvis concerts so much fun and a challenge to keep with the play.

A far as heath goes after the NZ, Australia and UK concerts - the Diamond show will tour 50 USA cities.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Ronnie's absence leaves a pretty large hole, and if James were to bow out for any reason, fans would not be getting their money's worth. When the star of the show is unable to attend, one is left to rely on the pieces who were there. When they leave, what's the point?

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:43 am

There will be no point at all when no tickets get sold.

Whilst there's an overall demand I guess their gonna keep going with it for as long as both sides wish for it to happen.