Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

He touched me

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:10 pm

In the BMG News, dated 31 March, there's mention of a new double CD - "He touched me".
But strangely enough, I haven't seen a comment on this in this forum.
Has anybody got this new CD yet, and what do u think of it? Is it just a re-re-re-re-release of the gospel songs previously released?
I really like Elvis' gospel music, but unless this is a radically improved and remastered CD (same sound quality as E1 and 2nd to none), I can't understand why they released this one... we've already got "Ultimate gospel" and the 2nd disc of "Christmas peace" with gospel songs with "upgraded sound"...
Views anyone??

Bjorn

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:52 pm

Bjorn -

To my mind, this might be one gospel release too many !

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:54 pm

Yeah! My point exactly...
I can't understand why BMG would release such a CD at this time...
There are so many other (better!) things they could've spent time/money on...

Bjorn

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:21 pm

Norwegianfan, I doubt there is many releases where they could have spent the same amount of time / money.

What other releases could they have done where it would take hardly no time and cost hardly anything ? :wink:

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:32 pm

Steve_M wrote:Norwegianfan, I doubt there is many releases where they could have spent the same amount of time / money.

What other releases could they have done where it would take hardly no time and cost hardly anything ? :wink:

Isn't this just a re-release of the "He Touched Me" 2-cd companion to the DVD with a different cover?

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:49 pm

That's true, Steve...

Yeah, it might be a re-release of the "old" 2 CD set... anyway, I think I'll pass this one, and save my money for some of the great FTD CDs that are coming up :)

Bjorn

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:53 am

It appears to be a re-issue with nothing new.

Never mind......I could listen to Elvis sing Gospel 'till the cows come home.... 8)

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:53 am

I don't have this release...yet, but I did hear that the mix and mastering job on this set is real good!?

Anybody here have it and would like to make a review?

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:09 pm

minkahed, I just purchased it last week and have watched it twice. Because I didn't buy the original release I can't compare the two. That being said the video is beautiful, especially the songs from the Aloha, reminding of the same quality that came out in last years Aloha release. The sound is excellent, keep in mind I'm no expert but to my eyes and ears, it was awesome. Just a question to people who have the original, in this version when singing Trilogy, they show the trumpets and orchestra like the 2004 Aloha, was that on the first release of He Touched Me, thanks in advance.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:26 am

This is a DVD, not a CD, for those of you that are confused. :roll:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:54 am

Hi Jeff!

I know that this is a DVD title too, but in the BMG news section of FECC, it says: "New CD just came out He Touched Me The Gospel Music - Elvis Presley. Here the tracklisting:" And then the tracklisting follows...
There's also a pic of a double CD, saying "2 CD - 40 great tracks".
And that's the product I'm asking about in this thread... :)

Bjorn