Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Songman' Rare Picture

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:56 am

Since I am a self - confessed 70'S CANDID jpeg junkie, I just wanted to bring Songman' Rare Picture, over into the mainstream Elvis forum. What an awesome picture this is! Steve_M hit the nail on the head with his MOST accurate information, in which I am truly grateful! Thanks guys!
For sake of this post, I have posted two more pictures to complete the story!

It appears as though these were taken on the 15th of May 1970! Can anyone
confirm or deny!? I thought they were taken in December. Thanks in advance

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:01 am

To thefunkyangel........thanks for the new picture !

Awesome !

PEP 8)

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:34 am

That is halarious how he put that clip on tie on that high coller shirt. lol lol

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:01 am

The photos are likely from Dec '70 -- he was getting one of his badges, maybe in Washington D.C.

DJC

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:18 am

Pep, don't thank me man, thank Songman!

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:53 am

Actually thanks to you both.... :wink:

I'm just happy I got to see it :D

PEP 8)

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:13 pm

These were taken for the Honarary Police Badge in Denver Colorado on November 17th 1970 before playing in the Coliseum.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 pm

Wow! Fantastic picture. Thanks to Songman and funkyangel.

I agree, the clip-on tie just doesn't work with the shirt! Only Elvis could get away with that and still look great!

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:17 am

Hi Elvis friends

Wow! Fantastic picture. Thanks to Songman and funkyangel
no thanks Elvis for looking so great :)

thanks for bringing this picture in the "news" for this awesome picture.
i found the link where this picture came from, scroll down and you can read the whole story

greetings

http://georgeindenver.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_georgeindenver_archive.html

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:51 am

If I may, I would like to show you some more Denver (Nov 17th '70) jpegs from my database!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks for sharing Funk!!!! That must be some collection you're building there......

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 pm

Thanks for sharing! Elvis looks so damn cool. The hair, the clothes, the glasses... Priceless! :D

Someone should do an Elvis book of all the best candids from the 70s!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:01 pm

Really great pics indeed!!

Btw, I was just reading through the FBI files of Elvis (interesting, and often funny, reading. Highly recommended!), and found a comment from this time period. It's in a memorandum to Mr. Bishop from M.A Jones, dated 12-30-70 (not too long after the aforementioned pictures were taken). And it says (under "oberservations"),

"Presley's sincerity and good intentions notwithstanding he is certainly not the type of individual whom the Director would wish to meet. It is noted at the present time he is wearing his hair down to his shoulders and indulges in the wearing of all sorts of exotic dress..."

Then later, under "recommendation" it says, among other things, that Elvis should be given a special tour of the facilities, but "that it will not be possible for the Director to see them".

The way I read it, it seems that Elvis didn't get to see mr Hoover because he was "not the type of individual whom the Director would wish to meet." And that some of it had to do with his clothes and hair style!!

Elvis - always the rebel, huh? :)
"A stone cold natural freak..." ;)

Bjorn

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:54 pm

That was in connection with Dec 21st and Elvis popping into an address in Washington to see if the President wanted to play.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Great pictures FunkyAngel. Fantastic! Thank you for posting them.

Elvis was definitely different. He had a style all of his own and carried it off perfectly.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:10 am

The first one (I firmly believe, tho please correct me, if I am wrong) was taken up in Washington, either on the 30th or the 31st Dec! The second one was most definately taken back down in Memphis, at the New Years Eve party!

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:14 am

****, I've just noticed Elvis' left tit! lol

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:27 am

The following two jpegs are from Denver (17th Nov. '70) and Memphis (31st Dec. '70 during the New Years Eve party), respectfully!

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:22 pm

Not sure the bottom pic was that late in date.

Note the scarf as well.

Like the pic though :lol: