Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The recording of Feelings has been found according to Ernst

Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:26 am

Jorgensen made a surprise appearence in a fan club meeting and told the excited crowd that he has located a new tape in the RCA vaults. The tape that was apparently recorded in the Graceland sessions in 1976. The tape contains among other things several takes of Feelings and Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. The songs will be heard on a new 4 cd box set this fall. Also, on the box set is a never before heard soundboard recording of "a historic concert that we thought we didn't have".

Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:28 am

It is April Fool's Day. You'll have to be more convincing than that to be believed today.

Re: The recording of Feelings has been found according to Er

Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:33 am

Marko wrote:Jorgensen made a surprise appearence in a fan club meeting and told the excited crowd that he has located a new tape in the RCA vaults. The tape that was apparently recorded in the Graceland sessions in 1976. The tape contains among other things several takes of Feelings and Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. The songs will be heard on a new 4 cd box set this fall. Also, on the box set is a never before heard soundboard recording of "a historic concert that we thought we didn't have".

You're hilarious.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:05 am

Ha Ha! Aprils Fools yea you really got us :roll:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

cruel joke :twisted: :D

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:54 am

Good one!

If it had been any other day, I might have believed it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:30 am

Yeah.

just what i heard about the 31 takes Of "Hound Dog" well be on the cd itself.

the cd well be called "the complete Hound Dog Sessions" :wink:

CRUEL

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:32 am

Don't Be Cruel To A Heart Thats True....

:( :( :( :cry:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:49 am

I think I'll write to Ernst and ask that if he ever does find any such thing in the future he's not to announce it until April 1st comes around again. :lol:

That'll get all you previous jokers back for the past years :lol:

Still, we won't know what to believe on the following years with these posts then :cry:

You ol' bugger Marko :wink:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:20 pm

Great April Fools Day Joke!! :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:13 pm

carolynlm wrote:This is a bad enough joke on it's own, but a worse one would have been if it was true.......'Feelings' is one of the worst songs ever recorded, I don't care who is singing it. ....Every time I think of this song, I remember a version of it sung once by Imelda Marcos, truely an horrific experience..... :x

You never stood in that woman's shoes :D

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Luuk -

You wrote:
You never stood in that woman's shoes

Carolyn doesn't have that many feet !

As for the April Fool..... I guess I was taken in for a few seconds.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:29 pm

ColinB wrote:Luuk -

You wrote:
You never stood in that woman's shoes

Carolyn doesn't have that many feet !

As for the April Fool..... I guess I was taken in for a few seconds.

The best April Fool Day's joke I ever encountered was when I was little.
Rotterdam is the town on the northbank of the river. The small independent vilages on the southbank of the river were taken over by Rotterdam around 1890 - 1920.
To cross the river there was one main bridge (in 1941 a tunnel was added, even later 2 more bridges) over which several tramlines had their routes to different parts of the southbank.
Usually you had to wait a long time as that *^$%* bridge was lifted up to let ships pass by.
So one day in the newspaper there was a photo plus article that, in order to make it possible for people in the trams to sleep for a while while waiting in front of the bridge, there now were trams with curtains which could be closed while doing a nap.
For days I have been on the lookout for one of those trams! :oops:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:27 pm

DOH !!!

:oops: