Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:29 pm

The whole airplane thing is just rumour. Cilla has said nothing but nice things about Linda. She never mentions any of Elvis' other women so i think her comments are genuine. Cilla and Linda would talk on the phone when Linda was dating Elvis and she has said that Linda was good for Elvis. Linda has said they get along great.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:56 am

Me wrote:...Cilla and Linda would talk on the phone when Linda was dating Elvis...

Yeah, probably like this:

Linda: "Hello?"
Cilla: "Is Elvis there?"
Linda: "Just a sec. ELVIS!!"

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:11 am

KHoots wrote:
Me wrote:...Cilla and Linda would talk on the phone when Linda was dating Elvis...

Yeah, probably like this:

Exactly!!!

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:17 am

KHoots -

You wrote:

Or perhaps more like:

Linda: "Hello ?"

Cilla smashes the phone down with a loud crash !!.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:36 am

Linda has backed this up. Cilla would call to see how he was and Linda would tell her what was happening and how his health and mood was.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:15 pm

Kathy Westmoreland was one of the 13, I think it was, 'stars' of the "Graceland" virtual tour CD-ROM, and following the filming of her interview for that project, the producer told me that Priscilla had personally approved Kathy being one of the featured stars.

He then went on to say that Priscilla had decreed that although people could mention Linda Thompson in their interviews, there could not be ANY photos of Linda anywhere on the CD-ROM.

Linda is likely unaware of that but probably would be gracious to Priscilla anyway. Priscilla didn't mind Kathy being featured but did not want Linda featured or even pictured.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry Flash.......I must disagree with you (and everyone else) because "Me", our resident Priscilla apologist, says so.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Well neither comment is really related to the other and both are not addressing the Aug 16th plane decision only in that they refer to other occassions where Cilly didn't seem to mind the intrusion of Linda at all.

I don't think Cilly wanted Linda at G'land with Lisa, as she knew the two got on well. I think Cilly wanted to take control of her daughter and any grief she might have which meant no Linda being there to distract Lisa from what Cilly wanted to do.

I'm sure Cilly did say no to Linda going, but what we don't know is the reason why or the context with which it was said.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:57 am

Or if it even happened at all. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Including Cilla not wanting Linda included in anything.

Scatter, knock it off with the the Priscilla defender stuff. You and i don't agree on much including Priscilla. Does not make me wrong and you right.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Me wrote:Or if it even happened at all. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Including Cilla not wanting Linda included in anything.

You are, pardon the expression, full of it. It isn't hearsay, the director of that project - Dave Antil or David Elliott - told me that himself. He also mentioned that they had enough material left over to do a second volume.

Just take a look at the list of participants, and ask yourself WHY Linda Thompson was not on the list:

Steve Allen - Ed Asner - Mae Axton - Bill Belew - Pat Boone - Marian Cocke - Richard Davis - Joe Esposito - Mick Fleetwood - D. J. Fontana - Jimmie Gambill - Patsy Presley Gambill - Larry Gatlin - Larry Geller - Virginia Grant - Bones Howe - Mary Jenkins - Hal Kanter - George Klein - Hope Lange - Wink Martindale - Janelle McComb - Charlie McCoy - Ronnie McDowell - Mike McGregor - Scotty Moore - Joe Moscheo - Don Nix - Vester Presley - Kang Rhee - Jerry Schilling - T. G. Sheppard - Myrna Smith - Richard Sterban - Gordon Stoker - J. D. Sumner - Rufus Thomas - Sam Thompson - Ben Weisman - Kathy Westmoreland - Becky Yancy

To repeat, Priscilla decreed that people could mention Linda Thompson in their interviews but there could be NO PHOTOS of Linda anywhere on the two-disc CD-ROM set. Sorry if it bursts some bubble you had of Priscilla being magnanimous and not jealous of Linda.

Scatter is always right. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:45 am

Flash, you'll never see a photo of Linda Thompson and Priscilla Presley in the same EPE sanctioned project.

Linda looks fabulous, as she's obviously used the best plastic surgeon that money can buy.

I think Priscilla is pissed because Linda wouldn't share the name of her surgeon, so Pris had to ask her ex son-in-law, Mikey Jackson for a referral.
:twisted:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:55 am

Memphis Flash wrote:

Scatter is always right. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just so you know Flash......I'm having this quote made into posters to be hung in my children's rooms, bumper stickers to be applied liberally to Doc's 1974 Ford Pinto stationwagon, and finally tatooed on my wife's perfect posterior :D

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:34 am

:shock: Scatter, here's hoping that quote doesn't actually fit on her posterior :shock:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:42 am

TED!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nope, no junk in the wife's trunk!!! I'll just have "Scatter Is Always Right" written small......along with "Objects In Mirror May Be Larger Than They Appear" :wink:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:26 pm

"Objects In Mirror May Be Larger Than They Appear"

Do you have to write that backwards ?

I was thinking, if you put that on just one cheek - it'd save you writing the letter "O"

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:41 pm

That reminds me of the Brigitte Bardot fan who had her initials tattooed on his backside.

When he got home and showed the tattoo to his wife she said "Who the hell's Bob??" :D

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:41 pm

Scatter -

You wrote:
...and finally tatooed on my wife's perfect posterior

Don't forget to post some pics !

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:13 pm

TCB TED wrote:Flash, you'll never see a photo of Linda Thompson and Priscilla Presley in the same EPE sanctioned project.

Linda looks fabulous, as she's obviously used the best plastic surgeon that money can buy.

I think Priscilla is pissed because Linda wouldn't share the name of her surgeon, so Pris had to ask her ex son-in-law, Mikey Jackson for a referral.
:twisted:

Oh TCB TED, you just pissed off just about every Southern woman known to mankind. I'll have you know that just because a woman looks great in her 50's does not automatically mean that she has had cosmetic surgery. There is one that lives in this house that is still beautiful and has not gone under the knife. And I could name dozens more who look great and don't even have access to the magic of Hollywood physicians.

It doesn't matter what Priscilla thinks of Linda. The fact that Lisa Marie and Linda remain on good terms and good friends speaks volumes.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:36 am

:?: Memphis, how was that a slight on southern women? Of course they're beautiful and gracious, and if touched by a surgeon's hands, it occasionally results in stunning results.
Linda Thompson is the personification of plastic surgery done well ... no slight against southern women, she's a celebrity who wants to look good on David Foster's arm, and she looks damned good.
But, let's face it .... that's not the face she had 30 years ago .... I'm sure she would look stunning with or without surgical enhancements.

On the other hand, Priscilla and Michael Jackson would make a gruesome twosome walking down any red carpet on this planet.

None of my tongue in cheek comments had anything to do with the geographical birthplace of either lady ... I look at women such as Susan Sarandon as well aged beauties.... someone who kept her god given appearance and still lands film roles and garners appreciation from male admirers.
So, don't interpret my comments as maligning the mature woman .... I think they can be very, very hot ..... I was just commenting on two public personas who put it out there, and therefore are subject to criticism ... and my criticism of Linda Thompson was all positive ... I like the before and after .... but, she definitely been cut and glued!

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Priscilla & Linda ?

They're ascloseasthis: