Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:44 am

Forever Elvis:

It looks to me that since most of the tracks on Disc one are in chronological order it is safe to assume that "Its Over" is probably from Vegas 72 since it is listed before Always On My Mind. It think it would be a good bet to say that "Burning Love". "Welcome To My World" and
"Steamroler" are from Hawaii 73 since they are all listed before the Dec 73 recording of "I Got A Feeling In My Body". It seems like they took "If I Can Dream" out of cronological order since it is a natural CD closer, which could have gone to "Cant Help Falling In Love".

Although that Bonus Disc is a Big dissapointment

Burning Love

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:44 am

This will mark the 189th time that "Suspicious Minds" has been released officially by RCA/BMG. I tried to get Vegas odds that SM would be on this cd but Vegas wouldn't even touch this one. I was looking forward to this project(TV Special,cd,dvd) but if this track listing is any indication looks like my hopes are dashed. Very disappointing.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:51 am

holy smokes Steve what did u want? a mix of Eagles, Stones and Led Zeppelin covers? u people amaze me! lol

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:02 am

Kylan wrote:holy smokes Steve what did u want? a mix of Eagles, Stones and Led Zeppelin covers? u people amaze me! lol

I guess you're right Kylan, at least "Hound Dog" and "Love Me" aren't on the cd. I guess we do need to finally realize what we really want doesn't exist.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:24 am

My point being that Elvis' catalogue is what it is! it don't change, no matter what u put on there. ill buy it for a few reasons, to support the release, also because of the unique tracks on cd 2. and it will be an interesting addition to my elvis cds! we all have Elvis' masters anyway, or most of us do so no matter what is picked on the cd im sure we already have it.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:30 am

These are supposedly Lisa and Priscillas favorite Elvis songs. When was the last time "Indescriably Blue" was on a compilation CD? I thought it would have "Kentucky Rain" on it though and some Graceland '76 cuts, Lisa has said that these are some she likes.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:15 am

Yes,the fav"s of the presley clan + ex wife (dig).

Saw the dvd cover on elvisnews...were in the name of man,did they get them glasses from on the piano?...they need to go back to spec savers

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:10 am

Yea, whos glasses are those? Did Elvis have some reading glasses like that at home?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:34 am

Somehow, I doubt we will be getting takes 1-5 of Jailhouse Rock. That would be more likely on a an FTD release.

The bonus disc is certainly skimpy. It might have been better for Priscilla and Lisa Marie to pick their Favorite tracks from prior FTD's and note in the sleeve notes that such discs exist.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:32 pm

You don't think they've actually sat down and listened to an FTD do you?

Although I agree with what Kylan says, this release looks boring to me, particulary the bonus disc - it's skimpier than Jordan's knickers!