Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Anyone able to shed some light on this picture?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:17 am

[quote="psk"]Wondering if any of you guys can date this picture and if possible give a little background?
Thanks

Interesting bit of info - that is Patti Parry clapping her hands in the booth behind Elvis.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:37 am

who is patti?
And isn`t there also Linda Thomson in the back?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:39 am

NanceFox wrote:
psk wrote:Interesting bit of info - that is Patti Parry clapping her hands in the booth behind Elvis.

That's Linda and Jeanne Lemay sitting beside her isn't it? Also where are the bodyguards?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:33 am

Delboy wrote:
NanceFox wrote:
psk wrote:Interesting bit of info - that is Patti Parry clapping her hands in the booth behind Elvis.

That's Linda and Jeanne Lemay sitting beside her isn't it? Also where are the bodyguards?

That was my thought as well..........it's Linda and Jeannie.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:20 pm

I can't remember who said it about Elvis, might have been Joan Rivers, but Elvis was always conscious that he couldn't really go out in public blah blah get mobbed blah blah, well i guess it was hard for him.
I mean, Elvis why not just wear some casual clothes that resemble your unique stage outfit and makes you instantly recognisable ?

The Joan Rivers thing was where Elvis was at a school, something to do with Lisa, and Joan was there regarding her child and Elvis was saying it's hard to attend such things etc, and Joan replies, "Well Elvis, next time try coming without the cape on."

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Steve_M wrote:I can't remember who said it about Elvis, might have been Joan Rivers, but Elvis was always conscious that he couldn't really go out in public blah blah get mobbed blah blah, well i guess it was hard for him.
I mean, Elvis why not just wear some casual clothes that resemble your unique stage outfit and makes you instantly recognisable ?

The Joan Rivers thing was where Elvis was at a school, something to do with Lisa, and Joan was there regarding her child and Elvis was saying it's hard to attend such things etc, and Joan replies, "Well Elvis, next time try coming without the cape on."

She has a point. On the other hand........screw her!!!!! :wink: Seriously, Elvis loved to play up this reluctant recluse angle, but who was he kidding??

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:20 pm

Is that a suggestion or an instruction ?

A few years ago maybe - so long as she wore a gag (she doesn't shut up!)

But now, I fear too much friction would cause most of her to melt and necrophilia isn't my bag. :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:27 pm

Steve_M wrote:Is that a suggestion or an instruction ?

A few years ago maybe - so long as she wore a gag (she doesn't shut up!)

But now, I fear too much friction would cause most of her to melt and necrophilia isn't my bag. :lol:

Joan is what we over on this side of the Pond would refer to as a "double bagger".

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:33 pm

I don't believe that Joan Rivers 'school' story. It sounds like she was a bit 'economical with the truth' for the purposes of making a gag work better.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:52 pm

She wasn't being economical with the truth Del, it was me if anything.

She didn't tell the story as a gag, I just found the story funny in an ironic way and I've just given the basics of the story, not as a gag, but to highlight Elvis and his unique look - whether on stage or off it.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:08 pm

Steve,

Didn't Barbra Streisand try and get a bit smart with Elvis about his off-stage gear backstage at Vegas one time, and Elvis said something like "Barbra, everyone knows you're the ugliest star ever to make it in Hollywood so don't try that reverse psycology crap on me!"

He'd been a loud dresser since his teens so, agreed, he's hardly likely to change when he's the biggest star in the world.
Last edited by Delboy on Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:36 pm

That reminds me of Winston Churchill.
I'm not a purveyor of Churchill quotes, so I'm bound to not get it spot on, but late one night a maid said something like,

"Why Mister Churhill, you are drunk."

He replied, "Yes, but you are ugly and in the morning I'll be sober."

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Steve -

Yes, you are a bit out, there !

It wasn't a maid, it was the Labour MP Bessie Bradock.

And she was ugly !

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:12 am

Steve_M wrote:I can't remember who said it about Elvis, might have been Joan Rivers, but Elvis was always conscious that he couldn't really go out in public blah blah get mobbed blah blah, well i guess it was hard for him.

Typical Joan Rivers humor, which means exaggerated.

As if Elvis walked into the school in jeans and a sweatshirt so that no one would recognize him !

Elvis went wherever he wanted to whenever he wanted to. He ventured out in Memphis fairly often, sometimes in disguise, sometimes in plain view.

And about that tan. Yes you can get a great tan in Memphis, but Vegas is in the desert, probably got it there.