Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:13 am

I got your e-mail, thanks.

I meant what I said, I do take your word for the info. It's the collective knowledge on here that is driving us forward.
I'm not sure which direction that's in just yet, but never-the-less I'm referring to it as "forward" just to be optomistic :wink:

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:01 pm

You were spot on RBman.
I looked up some notes I'd made last year in May and there it was, Glen Glenn and the story behind San Diego and also the meeting in early 57.

This is one of the photos from April 4th 1956:
Image

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Rockabilly Man:

You say that none of the photos or the live footage is from San Diego or the South. I don´t agree with you there.

How can you tell that the footage is not from the South? Is that because of something in the audience or is it the Marine guarding Elvis? Would there be Marines in the Mid-West? I don´t know and I´m always willing to learn.

The photo that Steve posted for me of Elvis autographing a girls arm is from San Diego, April 5, 1956. I have three photos all bought from the newspaper. The pictures you refer to with Glen Glenn are from April 4, 1956. Elvis played San Diego on both the 4th and the 5th. So the footage could very likely be from April 5th. I´m NOT saying it IS from San Diego, but it COULD be.

Or do you know something that we don´t that you can´t share with us here??

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:06 am

bripet56 wrote:Rockabilly Man:

You say that none of the photos or the live footage is from San Diego or the South. I don´t agree with you there.

How can you tell that the footage is not from the South? Is that because of something in the audience or is it the Marine guarding Elvis? Would there be Marines in the Mid-West? I don´t know and I´m always willing to learn.

The photo that Steve posted for me of Elvis autographing a girls arm is from San Diego, April 5, 1956. I have three photos all bought from the newspaper. The pictures you refer to with Glen Glenn are from April 4, 1956. Elvis played San Diego on both the 4th and the 5th. So the footage could very likely be from April 5th. I´m NOT saying it IS from San Diego, but it COULD be.

Or do you know something that we don´t that you can´t share with us here??

Sincerely
Brian


Brian

I was talking about the San Diego show - the "SHOW" or concert or gig or whatever. I wasn't talking about what he was wearing when he had lunch that day or the day after. That live footage isn't from San Diego. It's from the mid-west. Thats what I think.
Let's all be cool and listen to Vern Pullens and have a few beers.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:20 am

Well it certainly looks like the same shirt and jacket in the footage as in the picture from Brian from April 5th, and it also looks like the same shirt (different jacket) in the photo from April 4th.

Rockabilly Man, if it's definately not from San Diego April 5th 1956, when and where (exactly, in the mid west) do you think it could be from?

Do you have pictures from another show that show Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ wearing the same clothes?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:00 am

Keith F wrote:Well it certainly looks like the same shirt and jacket in the footage as in the picture from Brian from April 5th, and it also looks like the same shirt (different jacket) in the photo from April 4th.

Rockabilly Man, if it's definately not from San Diego April 5th 1956, when and where (exactly, in the mid west) do you think it could be from?

Do you have pictures from another show that show Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ wearing the same clothes?


Have you seen "ALL" the pictures? The picture that "Whats his name"? sent in shows Big E with F**king lumps on his neck. The Pictures that Glen has with him doesn't. This could be the picture itself ( or maybe a load was shot on it or something by "WHATS HIS NAME" - who knows.
I am not saying that those pictures that "WHATS HIS NAME" sent in aren't from the time and area. But they are not from that "LIVE FOOTAGE".

For now on MR.ROCKABILLY MAN will not say sh*t about anything. Thats sad because I was on your side. Not no more.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:11 am

ROCKABILLY MAN wrote:For now on MR.ROCKABILLY MAN will not say sh*t about anything. Thats sad because I was on your side. Not no more.

Rockabilly Man:

I don't know why you have this attitude. especially with me! What have I said?

All I'm trying to do is date this piece of footage, as best I can, and I thought you, maybe, had some definate information on this. If you have a problem with Brian, which it seems you do by calling him "Whats his name"? (sounds a bit like the thread about the two SUN boxes! with Ger Rijff name calling Joseph Pirzada) what has this got to do with me?

All I said was that the shirt in the footage looks like the shirt in Brians picture (and the one Steve posted from your date)

Please explain how I've upset you

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:29 am

Keith F wrote:
ROCKABILLY MAN wrote:For now on MR.ROCKABILLY MAN will not say sh*t about anything. Thats sad because I was on your side. Not no more.

Rockabilly Man:

I don't know why you have this attitude. especially with me! What have I said?

All I'm trying to do is date this piece of footage, as best I can, and I thought you, maybe, had some definate information on this. If you have a problem with Brian, which it seems you do by calling him "Whats his name"? (sounds a bit like the thread about the two SUN boxes! with Ger Rijff name calling Joseph Pirzada) what has this got to do with me?

All I said was that the shirt in the footage looks like the shirt in Brians picture (and the one Steve posted from your date)

Please explain how I've upset you


Look, I have no problems with you or Brian. Let's just forget about it because bitching and fighting isn't gonna do any good.
I have to spend alot of money to find Lou Millet now - have a heart!
But those bumps on the neck tell a story - there is something there!

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:43 am

Keith F wrote:Well it certainly looks like the same shirt and jacket in the footage as in the picture from Brian from April 5th, and it also looks like the same shirt (different jacket) in the photo from April 4th.

Rockabilly Man, if it's definately not from San Diego April 5th 1956, when and where (exactly, in the mid west) do you think it could be from?

Do you have pictures from another show that show Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ wearing the same clothes?


He doesn't have any jewerly on in this footage that we can tell - RIGHT?
'NO' horse-shoe ring, no bracelet, no sh*t!
That says alot right there!
This footage is much earlier then people think. I believe its from the mid-west because of the black girls(s) in it. The mid-west has always been pretty open and fair in alot of ways - even in the 50's.
It isn't from the South and it isn't from the West Coast. So that means - what?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:35 pm

What the ??????

Hey, what's gone on here ?

RBman, what's up ? Why so negative all of a sudden ?

When you say it's earlier in time, what sort of time frame roughly are you thinking of ? ie mid Jan to end of March or something ?

Nobody on here knows everything and nobody on here pretends to know everything either. We all have a little something to offer, something useful to bring to the table, and collectively we can share the knowledge to find answers to things we none of us knew before.

I've found your positive input up to know very valuable and I'd like to think you'll return to posting more of the same. :wink:

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:32 pm

Steve, I'm not sure what you mean by "pro shot" video, by that would you mean something that a news story might contain? I know when you refer to pro shots in the 70's you are referring to professionaly shot video compared to amatuer home movies.

But I was thinking that it might be possible that some of the Memphis or Shreveport TV stations might have some footage of Elvis from as early as 55?

I know from first hand experience that not all radio/tv stations who had interviews with Elvis in '55 would have had a clue that they might be worth keeping :oops:

Same must be said for video (or excuse me, film)

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:03 am

Yes IM, a media shot film, not a "home movie" film.

The problem with that region is that anything on Elvis would be known in that he stayed a focus of home grown attention.

San Diego, or elsewhere away from home he was just passing in the night so to speak.

But I never say never - the Elvis story has been retold in facts and re-written many times before.

As Brian pointed out, the shirt and the clothes in general can help pinpoint a time frame.
What we can't know for sure is where that time frame begins and ends.
Photographic documentation can only guide us so far in that they won't be representative of all the photos taken - only those bought into light.

What I set out to ascertain originally I think I've found out - and that's that at this moment in time this is the earliest known pro shot footage of Elvis that has been released.

But in case something else comes up to challenge that I want to be able to date it, we're getting there slowly, but we are getting there. :wink:

I wonder who the clip is leased from and who would know ? EPE ?