Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:21 am

Ernst Jørgensen wrote:The photo.

This photo IS taken in Meredien on the day of the parade. The other woman is Ann Raye. Ann first met Elvis at the February 4, 1955 show at Jesuit Highschool in New Orleans. She was only 14 (hard to believe from the photo) and her father was the Biloxi based booking agent Yankie Bahanowich. Ann played several shows with Elvis and also had a record release. More about Ann and Elvis in the FTD SUN project.

Thanks for confirming Ernst. The name rang a bell with me and after a thorough search (my filing system isn't what it should be!) I found a publicity photo of Ann Raye proclaiming her a Starday Records (Texas) artist. It is quite obviously the same girl 8)

I'd be happy to forward the photo to anyone who can post it.

Regards

Dave

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:30 am

ROCKABILLY MAN wrote:There is a guy in Memphis named Ronnie Smith who knows. Elvis told him about the different pomades and why he used them.
I wish I still had that interview. But Ronnie didn't say what brands.
Elvis used Royal Crown in his younger days we know that much.
But R.C. doesn't hold very good. You need half a can for the D.A. alone.
So thats why he used so many differents brands with different strangh at the same time. But I think he only did this during the 50's. Elvis did say that he liked the way the one he used for the front "falled", it made it fall over in a certain way that he liked during live gigs.
He did look in ( he always looked great anyways ) King Creole. I love the light gray Ricky Jacket he wore in that movie.

Sorry that I ain't making much sense. I feeling like sh*t right now. Hope I was of some help anyways.

Thanks for the info, Rockabilly Man.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:29 am

Here's the pic of Anne Raye Dave e-mailed to me:

Thanks Dave.

RE: Ann Raye

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Thanks for doing the honours, Steve.

Incidentally, I can find only two commercial releases by Ann Raye, Starday 135 (April 1954) and Starday 151 (July 1954), although she apparently recorded for US Decca, too, before retiring from the music business in 1957.

She now runs a restaurant http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunhera ... 156841.htm

Regards

Dave