Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FECC: April and June 1972 San Antonio Shows

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:10 pm

I wasn't aware that Elvis performed in San Antonio in both April and June 1972.
It seems odd that he would have appearances in the same town so close together.
Does anyone happen to know why these two appearances ran within two months of one another? (same day of the month too!!!)

FECC "Jumpsuit Junkies" section page 13 reads "San Antonio June 18, 1972"

San Antonio April 18, 1972

(pictures courtesy of FECC and Elvis Concerts)
Last edited by elvis-fan on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:25 pm

He didn´t! On June 18, 1972 he performed in Fort Worth, Texas. By the way, I think the picture in the middle is from November 1971, not April 1972...
Have a great Friday night, y´all! :)

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:34 pm

Sorry about the 1971 shot... nice catch by the way Your Highness! LOL!

I fixed it!

You are correct about the Fort Worth show but FECC has the top shot identified incorrectly in the Jumpsuit Junkies section (page 13) of this website.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:50 pm

elvis-fan and Prince Dragna -
I believe April 72 is correct for that photo. I'm pretty sure Elvis didn't start to use pop filters on his microphones until 72. I'm not aware of any Nov. 71 shots where he's got a pop filter on the mike.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:24 am

The picture in the ' Jumpsuit Junkies ' ( 1972-13 ) is from Fort Worth,TX and not San Antonio. I had the right date and guess ' San Antonio ' was on my mid as well when I did this. :lol:

FECC Team

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:09 am

Seeing those pictures from 72 just makes me want a new "Elvis On Tour" DVD that much more...
Damn I wished they would get this project on the go..

Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:27 am

"Elvis On Tour" A dvd would be nice. A special edition even nicer. It's the right time for a release like this. Why can't they see it. :cry:

8)

Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:46 am

I think in the book Steamrolling Over Texas this same shot is also incorrectly labelled as being from San Antonio.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:54 am

Sam -

The powers-that-be are still sulking over the poor US sales of TTWII SE.

They have forgotten:

1) This was due to their own crass marketing.

2) Since 2000/2001 there has been a world-wide resurgence of interest in Elvis products & the US is catching up with this.

3) Elvis is once again a 'hot property'

Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:06 pm

Can you imagine getting a DVD special edition of 'On Tour'? It would be like seeing the 'Lost Performances' for the first time. Mind-blowing!!

Surely the fans alone would make this a project worth releasing?

I love the 1972 footage, Elvis seems more relaxed and is funnier, when compared to his 1970 peformances, which he seemed more controlled and reserved.

The story backstage about the girl is very funny! As are his comments about the microphone in the back of the limo. "Oh s*** you sneeky b*******!!"

Very funny stuff!

Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:19 pm

The above photo is also from april 18, it's from the evening show in San Antonio.

Rigs

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:06 am

There're two pics up there. The one with the guitar is June 18, 1972 and the other one from April.

FECC Team

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:38 am

ColinB wrote:Sam -

The powers-that-be are still sulking over the poor US sales of TTWII SE.

They have forgotten:

1) This was due to their own crass marketing.

2) Since 2000/2001 there has been a world-wide resurgence of interest in Elvis products & the US is catching up with this.

3) Elvis is once again a 'hot property'

EXACTLY! Crass marketing - or should we say <b>no marketing</b>. As Elvis used to say, it wasn't a release - more an <b>escape!</b> Nobody even knew about it.

I always thought that release could have done really well. It hardly played in any cinemas over in the UK. The ones it did play were (apart from the London premier), virtually empty.

Of course it's a different story now. With the right promotion the DVD could do amazingly well.

Elvis is very much making a comeback in the minds of the public. 'A Little Less Conversation' has stirred their passion for Elvis music and once again it's cool to listen to Elvis.

If only we could convince the powers that be.