Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Viva Las Vegas DVD

Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:06 am

I was just wondering what screen ratio you guys overseas have for this DVD. Is it widescreen or Pan and Scan?

I just read a review of the version to get released here and here is an excerpt......

The picture I got on my TV came with a little warning before anything else: This film has been changed from it’s original version and formatted to fit your television. How thoughtful. Saturday afternoon authenticity coming up as we endure the lousy 1.33:1 and go without the widescreen. Now I’ll never see Vegas as it was meant to be seen! (Back to C.S.I. for me…)

Now I have a widescreen Tele and I won't be buying this now if all we get is Pan & Scan. The official press release said widescreen but this is taken from a review. I had been looking forward to this release. :cry: So what is it in your country?? thanks.

:roll:

Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:09 am

I bought Viva Las Vegas here in the USA and it is a dual sided dvd. One side is widescreen and the other side is full screen.

Sincerely,
Jenn

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:19 am

Thank you. I don't think we're going to lucky enough to get the widescreen version. That's how Warner treat us hear in Aust. :(

8)

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:36 pm

Sam, you could buy the overseas version (Region 1 USA) & have your DVD player 'de-zoned' ...if it's not already, alot of DVD players are not zoned, so you may not have a USA uncompatability problem. This is of course making the assumption that the Aussie version is NOT two sided (widescreen 1 side & 4:3 the other side).

Carolyn, I'm not too sure we are ALWAYS short changed here, a few years back when Platinum A Life In Music box set came out, I was one of the first few people to own it, a cd shop in the city opened at midnight to sell the box set, which was 10 & a half hours before it could be bought in UK & 15 hours before it could be bought in the US. Also luckily thanks to the internet/mail order we can order from overseas if a local company doesn't do the right thing by us (yes I agree we should support locally...but we are talking about Elvis product & when do we want it ? ....last week :lol: ).

Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:56 pm

Carolyn, I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for you or scream, you might as well have been in prison....gggeeezzz that must have sucked, that reminds me of what it must be like in prison for say the last 25 years....imagine trying to catch up getting BMG, FTD & Import releases....wow you'd need a hefty loan :lol: