Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis As Recorded Live At Madison Square Garden Cd.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:20 am

There have been a few post's on this great site about song's being cut out of Elvis's MSG cd. Well there were no song's cut out but some dialog has been. If you listen to the cd turned up you can tell there has been some dialog between song's cut out. It's no big deal and I guess when the album was released they had to do it for playing time reason's, I dont know but if you listen to it you can tell. Personally I liked An Afternoon At The Garden alot better. Elvis didnt seem as rushed in this show as he did in the 8:pm show. But all in all both cd's are great and Elvis put on great perfomances. It's to bad RCA didnt tape the show on the 9th as well as the 11th because I would like to have all four show's, but that's just me. One thing is for certain the King rocked the Big Apple like never before!

Until Next Time!

Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:26 am

Just bought this the other day on CD, finally, having been content with the Lp for a long time. No great difference, but nice to have. While "An Afternoon.." has more modern remastering (got that in the last year) not all agree that it is the better show. "Polk Salad Annie," for one, cooks more at night, if you ask me.

There's no way around the fact that there's a rushed quality by '72 that was not present just a few years earlier. Either that, or it's Elvis' voice that has changed a bit, not necessarily for the worst - just different.

At the same time, if you crank up either MSG, it's a great performance. I'm of two minds on this set......