Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis#1
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Aloha Rehersal Show DVD/CD

Post by Elvis#1 »

I just watched the Aloha Rehersal Show on dvd and I have to say that this is one dvd I really enjoy. In this show the King seem's very relaxed and having a ball or maybe he's just getting himself ready for the world wide broadcast the following night. Whatever the case may be the King put on a great show. This is a great dvd because of the fact the sound and picture is amazing and it even has different camera angle's. I wonder if EPE has plan's on re-releasing it on dvd along with the upgraded Aloha Show at the end of this year? Now onto the cd version of the Rehersal Show. This cd in my opinion is a peice of junk!!! Who in the world ever thought up the idea of re-mixing the cd? At time's you can hardly ever hear Elvis at all and the band is WAY to loud. On top of that they cut out some of the dialog between Elvs and the audience. I hope if they ever re-release this cd they do it right. We will have to wait and see.

Until Next Time!

see-see-rider

Post by see-see-rider »

Different camera angels? What do you mean? Please let me know because I've never noticed this feature on my DVD yet ...

Yeah, you're right about the mix of the Alternate Aloha CD. I can't really enjoy this one either. It's simply too much of fooling around technically. The reason for this was probably the fact that all this digital mixing and editing was relatively new at the time. I think they wanted to show what was possible. But then, they simply overdone it. All this digital stuff was like a new toy and they were trying it out, that's my impression somehow ... I wish there was a good re-mastering and -re-mixing job done with the Alternate show.

hisby
Registered for: 21 years

camera angels

Post by hisby »

i think he meant with different camera angels....the difference between the original aloha broadcast worldwide and the alternate one...the last one has different camera angels then the original one. even the quality of the sound is better on the alternate...

Marcel from Holland

ColinB
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ColinB »

No no - the angels were in the International Showroom, Las Vegas.

Not Hawaii.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

see-see-rider

Re: camera angels

Post by see-see-rider »

hisby wrote:i think he meant with different camera angels....the difference between the original aloha broadcast worldwide and the alternate one...the last one has different camera angels then the original one. even the quality of the sound is better on the alternate...

Marcel from Holland
About the camera angels: Okay, I understand. I was afraid there was this special DVD feature on Alternate and I didn't notice it yet! ;) I guess the different angels simply have to do with what the director thought was good when they were taping both shows. It would be great to have the regular "director's cut" on the upcoming (?) DVD release PLUS different camera angels ...

So, You did notice that, too? About the better sound of the Alternate show? I feel the same way but I always thought I was imaginating that. I also feel the sound is (much) better on the Alternate than on the original show. What could be the reason?

see-see-rider

Post by see-see-rider »

ColinB wrote:No no - the angels were in the International Showroom, Las Vegas.

Not Hawaii.
LOL! ;)