Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:47 pm

imo, Revolution 1 is alot better 8)
---------------------------------------

Oh contrare.

"Hey Jude" is on the Hey Jude lp/cd --- the Blue lp/cd and Past Masters vol. 2. and the critically-aclaimed Beatles 1. That is an example of DUPLICATION.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:54 pm

Am I getting through here? THE USA put out the British versions of the Beatles albums. They made a comprehensive set that was actually numbered. The past master 1 &2 went with this set with NO DUPLICATION. This comprised the full Beatles commercial releases. To my knowledge there was never a HEY JUDE cd. If there was, it wasn't official. Maybe it was old...but I don't think so. Anyway, the new sets were well done for the time. Though the Beatles material needs remastered. Again Past Masters 1 & 2 was part of the set.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:24 am

I have the Beattles Red and Blue sets and like them both, but back to Elvis;

2nd To None MUST include:
(a) The 10 U.S. Top Ten Hits not included on E1
(b) Sun singles "That's All Right", "Mystery Train" and "Baby, Let's Play House". (as far as I know, these are not available on a single disc unless all other Sun sides are included)
(c) "If I Can Dream", "Viva Las Vegas" and "Such A Night" (big hits that have become bigger since first released)
(d) aside from the exceptions above in (b) and (c), the other songs should ONLY be from the U.S. Top 15, Country Top Ten and U.K. Top Ten Hits. (Moody Blue, Blue Suede Shoes, Just Can't Help Believin')

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:29 am

Interesting posts! I'm happy to see a song like "It Hurts Me" on all three of the lists posted yet.

If you don't mind I'd like to post the tracklisting of a CD that I simply called "30 Songs". I made this one almost immidiately after 30 #1 Hits was released almost a year ago. I wanted to document something like a "counterdraft" featuring songs that either didn't went to number 1 or are songs that aren't known to the general public, still being wonderful songs thata deserve to be known.

01. Mystery Train
02. Money Honey
03. Long Tall Sally
04. I Need You So
05. My Baby Left
06. Young And Beautiful
07. Trouble
08. Reconsider Baby
09. Witchcraft *
10. Put The Blame On Me *
11. They Remind Me Too Much Of You *
12. Little Sister *
13. It Hurts Me
14. Memphis Tennessee
15. Stand By Me *
16. Run On *
17. Big Boss Man *
18. U.S. Male *
19. If I Can Dream
20. Wearin' That Loved-On Look
21. Rubberneckin'
22. Any Day Now
23. Release Me
24. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
25. I Really Don't Want To Know
26. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
27. Promised Land
28. For Ol' Times Sake *
29. Talk About The Good Times
30. She Thinks I Still Care

*) alternate take

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:18 am

Platinum did not sell poorly. It made #80 on the charts and was certified Gold domestically meaning it moved more than 125,000 copies. That's about the limit of success for most $50-70 box sets. Considering that the industry considers sales of 15,000 a success for re-releases, Platinum's numbers were spectacular.

"Artist of the Century" moved enough copies to make the bottom 1/4 of the Top 200.

This upcoming release will not be designed to please hardcore fans and can't by necessity be a definitive companion because Elvis had so many hit and important songs, but I trust BMG to follow through on the success of E1. Nonetheless, I agree with Geneism that they should stick Top 10 hits (though that would omit most of the Sun classics). People buy into that stuff. Maybe the Sun Sessions could be publicized as a tie in.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:21 pm

“Hey Jude” is an old US Beatles compilation album released in February 1970, and featuring singles that were not available on any US album at the time.

Side 1

Can’t Buy Me Love
I Should Have Known Better
Paperback Writer
Rain
Lady Madonna
Revolution

Side 2

Hey Jude
Old Brown Shoe
Don’t Let Me Down
The Ballad Of John And Yoko

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:03 pm

I may be wrong, but I don't think HEY JUDE has been released on cd officially. THe past masters set was a great way to finish the collection. Let face it, the Beatles catalog has been treated much better then Elvis' has on RCA.

I think the 2nd to NONE should adhere to the same rules as the first set. HOt 100, Top 100, Cashbox(maybe even country) and the UK (use both I don't care). I think this would cover all the basics. That's Alright and MYstery Train could be exceptions. Still why not have a 3rd set eventually? I bet they would all sell. No band has really done this with real success. If Billy Joel can, why not Elvis?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:29 pm

First of all, no one is twisting our arms to buy these various hits regurgitations. Secondly, between the FTD label, the essential Elvis series, the Collectors Gold set, and the Platinum and TT&F boxes, we've been extremely well served by BMG. In fact, we're downright spoiled! So let's start appreciating how good we've got it!

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:39 pm

I don't think HEY JUDE has been released on cd officially.

Gene, you ignorant slut.

:roll:

Anthology 3 (CD)
1967-1970 (Blue Album) (CD)
Past Masters Volume Two (CD)
The Beatles 1 (CD)

Past Master Vol. 2 was the first time the optimum quality allowed you to really hear the fade. There are boomp-de-boomp sour bass notes and intentionally goofy vocal harmonizing at the tail-end.

http://www.stevesbeatles.com/songs/hey_jude.asp

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:50 pm

"I don't think HEY JUDE has been released on cd officially."

You said Gracelandgardener "Gene, you ignorant slut."

Nice name calling, too bad you are the ignorant one.

HEY JUDE THE ALBUM NOT HEY JUDE THE SONG. IF YOU LOOK AT THE PREVIOUS POST YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK.. Am I getting through here?????????

Past masters was a compliment to the collection, have you comprehended this yet?????

Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:03 am

"Jane, you ignorant slut"

a classic one-liner from vintage SNL.
Jane / Gene / Jane / Gene siimilar delivery. Get it?
Lighten up flame-breath. :twisted:

But your suspicions are correct my dragon-booted friend.
Regarding the 1970 HEY JUDE [The BEATLES AGAIN] album, well, it was done as an "import" cd but never ofificially.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:13 am

Genesim is correct. If you buy the British (unbastardized) cd's of their original albums, plus Past Masters vol. 1&2, then you've got their complete catalogue of recordings 62-70 (with no duplication!).

Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:29 am

Hello,

Here's my set list for the 220 CD.

1. That's All Right
2. Blue Moon Of Kentucky

Elvis' first single - inclusion on 220 could be used to promote the big 50 years anniversary in 2004.

3. Baby Let's Play House - Elvis' first single to chart in Billboard

4. Mystery Train - Although "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" was a number 1, I think most fans would agree that Mystery Train belongs on this set before IFTRTF.

5. Blue Suede Shoes - A popular song commonly linked to Elvis

6. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - The forgotten number 1. Kinda like the lost singles on the silver box

7. Love Me - Top Ten in Billboard and a staple of his live shows

8. I Beg Of You - Top Ten Billboard

9. Blue Christmas - The quintessential Elvis Christmas song.

10. I Got Stung - Top Ten Billboard

11. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Top Ten Billboard,

12. I Need Your Love Tonight - Top Ten Billboard

13. Reconsider Baby - A fan favorite and an Elvis classic

14. I Feel So Bad - Top Ten Billboard

15. Little Sister - Top Ten Billboard

16. Bossa Nova Baby - Top Ten Billboard

17. Viva Las Vegas - Popular song from one of Elvis' most popular films

18. Love Letters - Top Ten U.K.

19. Guitar Man with What'd I Say fade - centerpiece of Elvis' television special the following year.

20. If I Can Dream - Top Ten Cashbox

21. Don't Cry Daddy - Top Ten Billboard

22. Kentucky Rain - Top Ten Cashbox

23. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Top Ten Cashbox

24. An American Trilogy - Top Ten U.K.

25. Always On My Mind - Top Ten U.K.

26. Steamroller Blues - Top Ten Cashbox taken from Aloha T.V. Special

27. If You Talk In Your Sleep - Top 20 Billboard

28. Promised Land - Top 20 Billboard featured in MIB film

29. My Boy - Top Ten U.K. Top 20 U.S., #1 U.S Easy Listening

30. Moody Blue - #1 Billboard Country

31. Roustabout (No. 2)