Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sideburns in Harem Holiday!

Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:30 pm

Could someone please tell me if the sideburns Elvis is sporting in Harem Holiday are real or little stuck on ones.

Gorden Bennett, I must be sad asking this! lol.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:29 pm

I always thought that they were real, but then you never saw Elvis' wearing them in private. So it's likely that they weren't.

Anyone who knows for sure?

Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:47 pm

I don't think that they're real. There are some pics of him with the sideburns. But the scene in where he's wearing them rather short. So i think they are fake. It's still unbelievable that they made such a mess of of that flick. With only a better screenplay the same picture could have been at least viewable. This is without a doubt the biggest misser of all Elvis fims, followed upclose is Easy Come,Easy Go, then Girl Happy, Trouble with girls. After watching a few times to the latter one. I was wondering what Elvis was lookin for during the whole movie. It most have been his script, where he was lookin for. I believe that he did not have a script for that movie. He's just walkin through the screen and gives a few answers here and there. And sings a few songs. But most say he looks GD great in that white outfit.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:28 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the little buggers fall off in that film at some point! :(

Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:54 pm

The sideburns in 'Harum Scarum' are 100% real !

It was the rest of him that was fake !

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:58 am

you are fully right Colin