Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELV1S NEWS

Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:53 pm

Some updates in the "ELV1S" world.

From WWE:

WWE has confirmed that the next BMG remix CD will be RUBBERNECKIN'. It will be remixed by Paul Oakenfold and will be included in the SECOND TO NONE CD (see below). There will also be a special 12" version of this. More info later!

Elvis - 2nd To None

(NOTE: This information is 1000% CORRECT and accurate!). The follow up the 30 # 1 HITS CD will be another compilation of songs featuring the newly remastered "new sound". To quote from a special BMG inner office memo only sent to executives - "A continuation of the number 1's not on E1 plus career milestones and fan favorites including VIVA LAS VEGAS; BLUE SUEDE SHOES; THAT'S ALRIGHT; and more. Also, a previously UNRELEASED second version of "ROUSTABOUT" written by Otis Blackwell and Winfield Scott will be included as a BONUS TRACK."One of the songs that will be featured is the new remix of RUBBERNECKIN'.

ALSO - - -

The next FTD will now be called "Dragon Heart". The three bonus songs are "Blue Christmas", "Trying To Get To You", and "All Right, Okay, You Win". The latter is sung during a Glen Hardin piano solo. It's not a "one-liner" or a "full version" - - - he "sings-a-long" to Glen's piano playing.

Rich

Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:56 pm

Can someone explain me what does "It's not a "one-liner" or a "full version" - - - he "sings-a-long" to Glen's piano playing. " mean?

Francesc

Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:59 pm

That it's probably a fifty second improvisation by our man during Glenn's piano solo.

Sonny

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:09 pm

Thank you very much for the info, Rich.

Tom

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:22 pm

to include the unreleased version of roustabout on "second to none"
is strange idea :shock:

in my opinion :twisted:

1 ) joe public don't give a damn of this song unreleased or not !!! it is
not appealing for casual buyers

2 ) the right place to put it was on FTD special soundtrack edition of roustabout !! it's belong to the soundtrack !

3 ) once again we have to buy a compilation to get one lonely track

4) give me a break with "improved sound" if you release the same thing
every ten years it will sound better ( just technical achiviement at the time )

5)
2010 second to none special edition bonus track roustabout2 take2
2025 second to none ultimate edition with rererereremastered tracks
2035 second to none definitive edition in dolby 25.14 and 3D visual effects

:lol:

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:33 pm

Michel,
Very lucid assessment, and quite funny as well.

Tom

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:36 pm

Roustabout confuses me as well! I wonder if this is going to see a DVDAUDIO release!! I hope so. I was pleased with the last one. Especially Burning Love. Hope Promised Land is on the next one! OR Trilogy in 5.1

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:38 pm

Genesim,
Now that would be awesome!

Tom

Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:41 pm

I see Trilogy as a possibility cause it saw Quad release back in the day. I actually like the 5.1 mix on the great performances. True it isn't great, but it is still fun to turn up Trilogy on that one!! I would rather them use the single release though. Still I am more understaniding about impossibilities. They can use a alternate. He did many great versions

Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:16 pm

The inclusion of the new version of “Roustabout” is a simply a marketing ploy. Many fans that don’t buy greatest hits compilations anymore because they already have all the material on them still went out and bought “ELV1S” due to the hype surrounding the new sound. “Second To None” will be mastered the same way, but even if you are one of those people that can live without the new sound after hearing “ELV1S”, it’s likely that you will be tempted to buy the new compilation to hear the new version of “Roustabout”, and this means extra sales for the album.

If the original “Roustabout” album is re-issued on CD by FTD, it is likely the track will also appear on that release, as it also makes sense to release it at some point in an album it belongs on. RCA/BMG have done this in the past with a number of other performances.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:11 am

Rich -

Thanks for that !

I thought Ernst had denied the 'Roustabout' rumour; seems an odd choice for a hits compilation !

Surely the 'Rubbernecking' remix is the 'bonus' track.

And do we buy this CD - or wait for the DVD-A version ?

Colin B

Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:22 am

ColinB wrote: And do we buy this CD - or wait for the DVD-A version ?

Like me you buy both. The CD so you got it till the DVD Audio comes out, then the CD goes to the car and the DVD Audio for the house.

:lol:

Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:52 am

Sam -

I did that with '30 # 1's'.

Which is odd because I don't have a car !

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:50 pm

Buy both!!