Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Arrest Of "Hamburger" James

Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:10 pm

Last night I watched (again) the "E True Hollywood Story" (on E network)
the story titled "The Last Days Of Elvis".

In that show, Lamar Fike told the story of Elvis and his bodyguards going to the Las Vegas airport, where he (Elvis) "flashed his badge" to security and stopped a plane from taking off. On that plane was the guy called "Hamburger James", and he had stolen some photos of Priscilla and other stuff from Elvis. Elvis then "read him his rights" but after getting back the stolem items let him go.

Now then, I'd just like to say that I would have loved to have been there to have seen this! If it actually occurred?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:25 pm

Seems a bit far fetched to me. The Hamburgular. :lol:

8)

Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:43 pm

I believe that Lamar is not the only member of the MM to tell this story, for whatever it's worth...

Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:17 pm

I think it is a true story as it is recalled by Fike,Smith and Lacker in Alanna Nash's book.

They were laughing about it because Elvis gave "Hamburger" a few slaps,and every time he slapped him his combover would fly up in the air!
They found that funny.

Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:09 am

Hamburger James Caughley

Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:41 am

Swedish - ...................LOL!!............

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The "story" has also been told by the Wests & Hebler. Although some MMM's do twist the details and insert themselves into situations that were slightly different in reality (probably age ... or ..... just "repeating" the story for the upteenth time on their part) ................ this hilarious incident did happen.

N8
...just a fan....